Detroit Michigan

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Thinking of going to watch a Yankee-Tiger game in September, and haven't a clue about where to stay or travel around the stadium. Any hints would be appreciated and the costs of toll roads to get there.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Thinking of going to watch a Yankee-Tiger game in September, and haven't a clue about where to stay or travel around the stadium. Any hints would be appreciated and the costs of toll roads to get there.

Well, considering I live in the area...

The only toll you will have to pay (assuming you're coming from Iowa) is in the Chicago metro, the SE-most section of the Northwest Tollway where I-80 and I-294 are sharing the road. It's $1.10 without an I-Pass and half that with.

As far as hotels, I have no idea what your hotel budget is, but regardless I'd recommend staying in the north suburbs. There are a ton nice hotels in the suburbs and it's not hard to get downtown and find parking, especially since the Tigers are so bad.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I wanted to go up to the Cannabis Cup this weekend but my wife had a destination bachelorette party so I got stuck babysitting this weekend. Freaking bull crap dude.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I wanted to go up to the Cannabis Cup this weekend but my wife had a destination bachelorette party so I got stuck babysitting this weekend. Freaking bull crap dude.

Stoned golfing, stoned sailing, or something else?

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Jet's Pizza is good pizza for a chain (and it delivers), but if you want really good Detroit-style pizza, go with Buddy's Pizza. Much better.

Louie’s > Buddy’s

But Buddy’s is good too.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Jet's Pizza is good pizza for a chain (and it delivers), but if you want really good Detroit-style pizza, go with Buddy's Pizza. Much better.

J-E-T-S let’s get Jets!

Jets is one of the best chains I’ve found in CBus along with White Castle that isn’t in Des Moines. Really good pizza.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron