Scates Fall Camp

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Tap the breaks. Lets see this guy drink a beer before we crown him the next stone cold....

If someone is going to be the next Stone Cold, then you mean drink 1/4 of a beer, right? The rest goes on their face, shirt, and flying through the air.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
I am happy to report my preseason work is paying off heading into fall camp. I have my liver in tip top shape. Some say even the best shape ever. I will be ready for whatever cup is thrown at me regardless of kickoff time. #letsroll
I redshirted myself 23 years ago. :D

• Useful
Reactions: Luthercy

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Kid has a lot of ability. He was very highly rated. He’s also been in trouble for something really stupid since he’s been in Ames.

Coach sees the talent. Hopefully, he makes the most of the opportunity. He can be an all time great receiver here before he is done.

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
Even though they'll both be inexperienced freshman, I'm hesitantly optimistic Scates and Hall can replace the talent of Butler and Montgomery. We'll need them to adjust to Big XII play sooner than later.

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Kid has a lot of ability. He was very highly rated. He’s also been in trouble for something really stupid since he’s been in Ames.

Coach sees the talent. Hopefully, he makes the most of the opportunity. He can be an all time great receiver here before he is done.

Yea he did some stupid things last fall but has turned himself around.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I know that. His talent gave him another chance. Let’s hope he’s ready to take advantage of his chance
“Hope”? Everything the coaches have said from the Spring onwards indicates that Scates made a 180 degree turnaround. Even more, after that CMC said Joe had a huge Summer, prior to camp even starting.

That’s not “hope”. That’s a fait accompli.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Yea he did some stupid things last fall but has turned himself around.

I think he made some bad choices, mostly related to the guys he was hanging around with. Pretty sure a couple of those guys are no longer on the team, which is a good thing. I have a lot of respect for the way Campbell is able to get most of his guys to buy into team first, even if some of them stumble a little at first.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron