Iowa Football Recruiting

Walmartthieves

Jun 24, 2019
Really happy for you guys. I remember the long years as a Cyclone fan living in the shadows of Iowa's football success. You grasp for every piece of good news you can find when day after day, the other program is in the headlines. Hang in there!

isu is still living in the shadows of Iowa’s football success. Unless not being ranked and having fewer wins is better.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You’re probably the only person that didn’t.

And “huge” would be getting another AJ Epenesa. Good get, but not “huge”, especially considering the plethora of DE’s already committed,

Edit: Now, if they actually managed to sign a really good high school wide receiver, now that would qualify as “huge”. Immense. Incredible. Unbelievable. Fair enough?

I seriously wasn't expecting to land him. With that offer list I'd say it's definitely better than "good". And I agree, getting Oliver Martin was huge as well.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I actually came to this thread to wonder why Iowa is still recruiting tons of linebackers. I thought their switch to the 4-2-5, with the “Cash” (isn’t that what they call it?) position was permanent?

They'll move them to another position if its a better fit. We just lost Jayden McDonald, really good LB recruit from a few years ago. Still smarting from that, was excited to see him play for us.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I seriously wasn't expecting to land him. With that offer list I'd say it's definitely better than "good". And I agree, getting Oliver Martin was huge as well.

I wouldn't say you "got" Oliver.... he was homesick or something? Why else would a kid transfer from a better academic school, a better football school, a better school for WR's to make it to the NFL, etc, etc, etc. to a lesser school in all those areas?

Oliver landed in KF's lap because the kid wanted to be back home. When it came to actually recruiting him, Harbaugh destroyed KF.

• Agree
Reactions: Brandon

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I wouldn't say you "got" Oliver.... he was homesick or something? Why else would a kid transfer from a better academic school, a better football school, a better school for WR's to make it to the NFL, etc, etc, etc. to a lesser school in all those areas?

Oliver landed in KF's lap because the kid wanted to be back home. When it came to actually recruiting him, Harbaugh destroyed KF.

Well that's no fun.

Walmartthieves

Jun 24, 2019

Too bad Harbaugh can’t destroy KF on the field.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07 and JP4CY