College Gameday in Ames?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Was at the state fair this week and got a 'Iowa State fan? Sorry about that' out of nowhere from a complete stranger.

That must be quite the life to have that kind of mentality.

Are you sure you weren't at Walmart? That's where I got my last one of those. It's beyond weird.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Gotta go with Niang IMO, not even a question. I don't care if most of the country doesn't know who he is. He'd be awesome on there.

I don't want some celebrity like Costner that has absolutely NOTHING to do with ISU at all, but was just in a famous movie made in the state. Stupid.

I'll be tailgating and won't GAF who they have. I just hope I make it through the game.

• Informative
Reactions: clonedude

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Which is another reason why we shouldn’t want this to happen vs Iowa. The whole show will just be about us being historically inept.

People can disagree with this all they want but I would be shocked if the first story the nation sees is not about that historic tradition of waving to the kids.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
People can disagree with this all they want but I would be shocked if the first story the nation sees is not about that historic tradition of waving to the kids.

Agree with that part. The first half of the show would be about waving to the kids, and then someone would remind them they are at ISU, not Iowa. Just kidding.... kind of.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have GameDay come for the Texas game.... hands down, but we don't know if that will happen or not, so you kind of have to take what you can get.

• Agree
Reactions: UNI1ISU2

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Are you sure you weren't at Walmart? That's where I got my last one of those. It's beyond weird.

State Fair and Wal-mart are not all that different from what I can tell.

Giving a little ribbing is one thing...but to keep going with it and really attempt to insult someone on it says something and it's not that uncommon from the Iowa fanbase in my experience.

I don't think I had all that good of a response. Should have gone with Jerk Store!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Tentative show rundown:
8:00 - 10:25 - SEC
10:25 - 10:30 - ACC
10:30 - 10:35 - SEC
10:35 - 10:40 - B1G
10:40 - 10:45 - SEC
10:45 - 10:46 - Big 12
10:46 - 10:47 - Pac-12
10:47 - 10:53 - SEC
10:53 - 10:54 - The Wave
10:54 - 10:55 - Jack Trice
10:55 - 11:00 - Game picks

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Even if they didn't, and they just talked football and current success etc., Iowa fans would ride that out for a long time on how it happened because of them and for them.

Remember, their fanbase is stock full of this guy.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019...-ohio-state-fan-celebrates-like-a-jerk-video/

It's pretty 'whatevs' as most of us can't remember where or when CGD has been to different places but that is how it would play out.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Anyone ever consider that CGD might have someone looking at this thread or have someone send them this thread to read and all this pushes them away for Iowa game and also Texas game because of how much this thread makes us look like complaining, picky fan base?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Anyone ever consider that CGD might have someone looking at this thread or have someone send them this thread to read and all this pushes them away for Iowa game and also Texas game because of how much this thread makes us look like complaining, picky fan base?
JFC, there are literally acres of space outside JTS that would work for CGD. Pollard wants JTS and the facilities and our monstrous tailgating as a backdrop...and if CGD comes, that's how it will be. CGD will want to come because they know the crowd will be electric and huge.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Haha no.
“Hey Jim, go grab an intern and have them search the ISU message boards. See if they’re excited or not. If they don’t seem happy enough, we ain’t goin.”

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Agree with that part. The first half of the show would be about waving to the kids, and then someone would remind them they are at ISU, not Iowa. Just kidding.... kind of.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have GameDay come for the Texas game.... hands down, but we don't know if that will happen or not, so you kind of have to take what you can get.

So you'd rather they come for Texas because they would talk too much about Iowa? Good thing Texas doesn't have a network with ESPN or anything.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
giphy.gif

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

U serious?

• Funny
Reactions: Tailg8er

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I'd guess ISU is a very tame fanbase compared to where they usually go.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron