45K Sold!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
What was the point of posting this in the season ticket thread and then starting a new thread?

• Funny
Reactions: cyclonedave25

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What was the point of posting this in the season ticket thread and then starting a new thread?
So that people who haven’t been following that thread—or stopped following it—can see it?

Didn’t think it was rocket science, but since you made a big deal out of it, I can go delete the one in that thread.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
So that people who haven’t been following that thread—or stopped following it—can see it?

Didn’t think it was rocket science, but since you made a big deal out of it, I can go delete the one in that thread.

Keep up the good work.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Just how high can we reach? Lets say we actually get to the conference championship game, what are the numbers going to be like for 2020?

Its great to be a Cyclone

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Just how high can we reach? Lets say we actually get to the conference championship game, what are the numbers going to be like for 2020?

Unless the AD takes some of the single game tickets and turns them into season tickets, not much more than 45K is the max. There are currently only 166 season tickets left on the website (all at the $499 level).

If he were to make all single game tickets available for season ticket purchases, the absolute max would probably be around 50K. The remaining 11,500 would be visitors, media, players and coaches families, band, recruits, group sales, etc.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Unless the AD takes some of the single game tickets and turns them into season tickets, not much more than 45K is the max. There are currently only 166 season tickets left on the website (all at the $499 level).

If he were to make all single game tickets available for season ticket purchases, the absolute max would probably be around 50K. The remaining 11,500 would be visitors, media, players and coaches families, band, recruits, group sales, etc.

But would it be that bad if the only way a non student could get tickets for a game was if they were a season ticketholder for a few seasons, or purchased on the secondary market? Keep the Jr. Cyclone club, and then reach a point where the only tickets for the general public are season tickets and those left over from the visiting team.
That is were we are with men's basketball, and that has not seemed to hurt.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
But would it be that bad if the only way a non student could get tickets for a game was if they were a season ticketholder for a few seasons, or purchased on the secondary market? Keep the Jr. Cyclone club, and then reach a point where the only tickets for the general public are season tickets and those left over from the visiting team.
That is were we are with men's basketball, and that has not seemed to hurt.
If Campbell keeps winning here, that will probably happen. Chizik (ducks for cover) said this fanbase was a ticking time bomb waiting for success so it can explode. Its happening.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I wonder if there is a little manipulation going on by the Ticket Office. Are all the top rows in the upper deck corners really sold out as season tickets (or being held for the mobile packs)?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I wonder if there is a little manipulation going on by the Ticket Office. Are all the top rows in the upper deck corners really sold out as season tickets (or being held for the mobile packs)?

Id guess that some of those could have been season tickets but instead they were released to donors for single game tickets.

A target was set around 45k, and they set that up in the seats.

Maybe next year they release a few less to donors if new season tickets are going well

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

I think we will slowly grow over the next decade with a young alumni base that continues to choose to live in Iowa.

That said, this year may be a bit of a short term peak with a 7 game home schedule that includes Iowa and UNI.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Only on CF can someone post a thread about a huge milestone never reached before in ISU football history for season ticket sales, and the very first response is someone criticizing them.

Who cares if there's 10 threads on this? It's a huge accomplishment for this program.

Last edited:

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Even if we made the conference title game I'd guess season tickets would stay steady or fall a little bit next year because I'm guessing there are quite a few Iowa fans buying cheap ones for this year and selling games not named Iowa to pay for them.

I doubt if there is anymore than a handful of Iowa fans buying season tickets to ISU then selling the rest of them. Why go through all that hassle, when they could pick any game at Iowa to get tickets too or just buy them on the secondary market.
Iowa is not like Nebraska years ago where every game was sold out and the only way to see them play was to go on the road. Hell, I really doubt many Nebraska fans were doing it either.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman