Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Library job (PT Weekends) @ ISU keeps opening up.
I applied Tuesday for today's deadline.
Job reposted today. They are just not happy with the applicant pool.

I didn't expect to hear back, even though I'm an easy fit, but I thought they'd make it past today before posting again. Ouch.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Think those were firecrackers. Although could be AR-15 rounds, cause America, but still thinking firecrackers.

Probably.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, after some pretty tense conversations with the care center that is in town (it’s a for profit center), and finally telling them that the one in the town she came from wil take her without the headaches, they quickly become cooperative and willing to stop being jackwagons but the admittance got pushed back to Monday. So three more days in the hospital.

If I knew who was in the other care facility and it was other relatives or friends, she would be going there. Said I would tour their facility in a week or so and I will look at door name cards and see if I can grab pictures to see if mom knows them.

I already have a bad impression of this place.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
BC, random visits improve care in care facilities by a bunch. I'm pretty sure you already knew that though. You don't have to be a jerk, you just have to be there. Sometimes visit in the morning , sometimes evening, sometimes stop for lunch.

Most those places actually try to a good job, but in my family's experience the more visits a person receives the more the little things get attended to.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Seeing some of these prices listed for the Iowa FB game, nobody should complain about the prices that get asked for mbb.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I've never been to the Iowa State Fair but when we were younger we would go to some of the county fairs in New Hampshire and Vermont. Favorite part was when they would bring out the draft horses to do the sled pulling competitions.

My favorite part of the ISF is touring the animal barns. I've developed a real jones for horses, and someday I hope to own one.

Last year we were in the dairy barn and a little girl (maybe 8?) was sleeping on the floor with her head up against a huge cow. Pretty cool, wish I had taken a pic.

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Daughter wanted to go to the fair on Friday, but she has the last day of school soccer tryouts on Thursday night and if she makes JV or Varsity they leave for a weekend camp Friday morning. If she makes one of the freshman teams they don't go to camp. We decided we will go down to Iowa Friday afternoon or evening and maybe go to the fair on Saturday.

Saturday ISF can't be any worse than a weekday at the Minnesota State Fair, can it? :eek:

We went last Saturday and it was ridiculous. Partly because there were 17,000 Slipknot fans there. They were lined up for the concert hours ahead of time. They also brought in a “museum” (semi trailer) and had that set up on the Grand Concourse right next to the Register Soapbox. That whole area was a cluster.

I just read that there were fewer arrests at the Slipknot concert than there were at the Zac Brown Band concert. Usually local FFA kids are ushers at the grandstand shows, but out of concern for safety they did not have the kids do the Slipknot concert.

We used to live in MN and loved going to the fair. The food up there is much better than here. Someday we hope to make it up there again.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We went last Saturday and it was ridiculous. Partly because there were 17,000 Slipknot fans there. They were lined up for the concert hours ahead of time. They also brought in a “museum” (semi trailer) and had that set up on the Grand Concourse right next to the Register Soapbox. That whole area was a cluster.

I just read that there were fewer arrests at the Slipknot concert than there were at the Zac Brown Band concert. Usually local FFA kids are ushers at the grandstand shows, but out of concern for safety they did not have the kids do the Slipknot concert.

We used to live in MN and loved going to the fair. The food up there is much better than here. Someday we hope to make it up there again.

We were there at the fair, too. I was intrigued by what the Slipknot fans were wearing (everywhere on the grounds) but as a group they were among the most polite.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

We used to go to both the Iowa and Minnesota State Fairs every year, but I told Mrs. Velo that one a year was enough for me. I don't mind going to both occasionally, but doing it every year got to be a bit much.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Not even a first-world question, just an impatient one.
Ames was going to show class assignments on the parent portals today at noon for elementary students.
Is Kindergarten not counted there, or are they just behind on something we don't really need to know today.

In other news, I see that two teachers Z might be working with used to be my students. So, that's a thing.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyrevkah

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
EOXHN2HWVVAC3ASV5UGKEI6RRQ.png

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Remember when there was some reference/discussion of how bad little boys are with the bathroom aim? The high pressure and short barrels and no attention to details like aim thing. Was cleaning guest bath because having a little party Saturday (last Saturdays postponed party in redux) and noticed staining on the shower glass adjacent to the toilet. Yeah, one of the little dudes missed by that much. It's 12" from the side of the toilet. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.