NFL: *** Official Preseason Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
More on Andrew Luck injury. Have never even heard of an Os Trigonum:

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...emely-painful-surgery-instant-rel/1996326001/

That's a new one. All day I've been hearing about something called myositis ossificans. Either way it sounds like surgery is the next logical step if whatever it is hasn't healed by now. At this point I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's ready to go by Week One. At least this year he won't be learning a new offense, but it's still not a great way to start things off.

edit: turns out it's neither. Gm Chris Ballard finally had a conference call with reporters last night to put out the fire Jim Irsay started. According to Ballard, it initially was a calf strain suffered in March that is now apparently an ankle injury. No talk of surgery for now; they think they can get it under control with rehab now that they think they know what it is. So not a great 24 hours for the team and their fans. Even if they can get the pain under control it kind of sounds like one of those things that will be a nagging issue all season. I would say rest him and get it back to 100% no matter how long it takes, but the fact is the Colts are on the road at the Chargers and then at Tennessee to start the season and then they're at KC in Week 5. If they start off 1-5 again there won't be a miracle run this year.

Last edited:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
About 4 games tonight. Hopefully both Lazard and Butler get some touches tonight

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
OMG.... I know the officiating is more picky in the preseason, but these games tonight so far are unwatchable. Flags on every other play.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I hope so. I’ll always appreciate him for sticking with us.

He was definitely an all ISU guy. Committing to us as a 4-star and being here all 4-years. Then going through the insulting process of not getting drafted. I'll root for him as much or more than the more recent guys.

Reactions: GT25Ump

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
Has Butler been in yet?? I’d say they should throw a couple long balls his way, but Card’s QB would be sacked anyways.

Went to the Cards game tonight. Butler had one target only. He was bracketed by the corner and safety. QB under threw it and it was broken up by the corner before Hakeem had a chance. There were a few plays where he had a step on his man, but the QB didnt look his way.