JTS Improvements - Want More

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Looks like we'll have to stow away the beer and whiskey a little bit earlier to avoid the big backups at the north end. Looks like they may have to put down a temporary walkway from the locker room to the tunnel.

Oh, before I forget. Beat Iowa!

You spelled **** wrong.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Looking at the camera and the walkway from the north side to the west side is definitely gone. I have a feeling the west side is going to be quite backed up with late arrivers especially for the first couple of games.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Looks like we'll have to stow away the beer and whiskey a little bit earlier to avoid the big backups at the north end. Looks like they may have to put down a temporary walkway from the locker room to the tunnel.

Oh, before I forget. Beat Iowa!

The best time to go into the stadium is when there is a back up. That way they are less likely to do a search on you and allows you get more into the game! ;);)

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Judging by the updated parking map I would say you would have to enter using gate 5. They don't show any sort of walkway around the construction zone.
I'm curious about the players. That diagram shows the construction zone obstructing access to the tunnel.

View attachment 65545

Looks like the Kids Zone is gone. I wonder if they're moving that somewhere.

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
Was up in Ames Saturday to walk around campus and check out Reiman Gardens. I go to multiple games a year but it's been probably a decade since I've gone through the gardens. WOW was I blown away with everything they continue to do there and how it has been merged with the South entrance to the stadium.

That along with what they plan to do to the intramural fields to the east of the stadium and the planned development of the north entrance. It really makes an impression. I was really overwhelmed with how much progress we've seen throughout that area over the last 10 years or more. To think it was just 2007- 2009 that they redid the concourses and added the west side suites. The Scoreboard of the Jacobsen building didnt go up until 2011. It's already impressive and it's going to be amazing in a couple years once the current projects are finished!

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Was up in Ames Saturday to walk around campus and check out Reiman Gardens. I go to multiple games a year but it's been probably a decade since I've gone through the gardens. WOW was I blown away with everything they continue to do there and how it has been merged with the South entrance to the stadium.

That along with what they plan to do to the intramural fields to the east of the stadium and the planned development of the north entrance. It really makes an impression. I was really overwhelmed with how much progress we've seen throughout that area over the last 10 years or more. To think it was just 2007- 2009 that they redid the concourses and added the west side suites. The Scoreboard of the Jacobsen building didnt go up until 2011. It's already impressive and it's going to be amazing in a couple years once the current projects are finished!
I would love to see what the South entrance looks like now with the green space. I'm surprised I can't find and recent pictures online.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron