MBB team's schedule on Italy trip next week

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Leech was not in uniform. I’d imagine he won’t be suiting up during the Italy trip. I don’t know what their plan is with him but him getting him on the court right away most likely isn’t it. Appears that fans are going to have to stay patient with it which isn’t easy to do because I want to see him on the court as well. He’s arguably our most talented OFFENSIVE player.

It looked to me like he was wearing a T-shirt over the jersey and shorts.

I know it is hot in Italy in the summer and the team is collectively on vacation, but I am not quite sure I would say he was wearing "street clothes" during the game.

Either way, he did not play, but he is there in good standing.

I am assuming holding him out is just for an abundance of caution over injury.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Completely agree - I honestly don’t think it will be far fetched at the end of the season to be debating Young as season MVP. I was simply saying I wouldn’t be expecting him to be racking up double doubles - and that’s OK!
One thing I remember from previous seasons about Solo was the number of times you could credit Solo with the "rebound assist" if you will - that is with a great block out of the opponent's rebound machine so a guard could come in and secure the rebound. I expect to see more of that this year from Solo.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
It looked to me like he was wearing a T-shirt over the jersey and shorts.

I know it is hot in Italy in the summer and the team is collectively on vacation, but I am not quite sure I would say he was wearing "street clothes" during the game.

Either way, he did not play, but he is there in good standing.

I thought that at first too that he was just wearing a shirt over his jersey but I noticed he was wearing shoes that he wouldn’t play in so I figured pretty early on he wasn’t playing. He also wasn’t in the photos of the team warming up so that was a clue for me too. Yup, you’re probably right, just being cautious with him which is understandable. He has a ton of potential and you don’t want to risk something that could impact that.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Noticed this from Conditt in his limited action last season. He understands when to look to the opposite wing. Niang was a master of this.

He had a couple real nice passes into and out of a give-and-go.

I remember one where Jackson was the inbounder, Conditt used his height to secure the ball, and the Dutch tried to double him... while Jackson turned on the jets... and George used his height (again) to pass out of it to a streaking Jackson for an easy layup.

Having the vision and cool to pass out of a double to an easy basket is nice to see from the young man. We are going to need a zone-breaker like that this season, too.

The big men do need to be more aware and have their hands up in the lane, though. It reminded me of the Royce years when Royce would pop Ejim or Gibson into what should have been good scoring position under the basket through a tight window, but the post man was not looking for the pass and it hit them in the chest, shoulder, or even in the head.

Haliburton is the same way. Solomon and George had their hands down a few times on passes that, if they were ready for them, would have turned into easy lay-ups.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Did he have an injury since Cap City League? I remember he was back home for personal reasons, but couldn't remember if he had something else.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Did he have an injury since Cap City League? I remember he was back home for personal reasons, but couldn't remember if he had something else.

I do not think it is anything new since the CCL injury -- just, again, being super cautious with him. The Dutch game was a "real" game, not a practice where he can wear a literal or metaphorical black jersey against his teammates that know his situation.

Leech is still definitely a long-term investment.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
He had a couple real nice passes into and out of a give-and-go.

I remember one where Jackson was the inbounder, Conditt used his height to secure the ball, and the Dutch tried to double him... while Jackson turned on the jets... and George used his height (again) to pass out of it to a streaking Jackson for an easy layup.

Having the vision and cool to pass out of a double to an easy basket is nice to see from the young man. We are going to need a zone-breaker like that this season, too.

The big men do need to be more aware and have their hands up in the lane, though. It reminded me of the Royce years when Royce would pop Ejim or Gibson into what should have been good scoring position under the basket through a tight window, but the post man was not looking for the pass and it hit them in the chest, shoulder, or even in the head.

Haliburton is the same way. Solomon and George had their hands down a few times on passes that, if they were ready for them, would have turned into easy lay-ups.
I'm pumped for GC. For as thin of frame as he had last year, he balled with some big dudes. I remember thinking he should have been in the last 4 minutes for the KState home game when they let a decent lead slip. Looking forward to his contributions this year.

• Agree
Reactions: mfelske

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
One thing I remember from previous seasons about Solo was the number of times you could credit Solo with the "rebound assist" if you will - that is with a great block out of the opponent's rebound machine so a guard could come in and secure the rebound. I expect to see more of that this year from Solo.

Things like that don't count. It only counts if you shoot 3's and and make 1 on 1 dunks.:rolleyes:o_O

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Hard to see starters...

I think, Haliburton, Nixon?, Grill, Jacobson, Conditt

Nixon could be Bolton though

EDIT: It's Nixon playing the 2.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Rotate the camera. The players look like ants.

I want to see the court larger -- I know what the rafters look like.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman