David Carr - WORLD CHAMP !

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Thanks for the updates , can’t get the stream here without a subscription.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Can someone please explain the significance of this tournament? I know that it’s a big deal but my knowledge of how the international freestyle world works in limited.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Can someone please explain the significance of this tournament? I know that it’s a big deal but my knowledge of how the international freestyle world works in limited.
It is the toughest tournament in the world for people of this age level. It is a solid predictor of NCAA and/or senior level success. Recruiting is never 100%, but i personally would tank making a junior world team (and cadet) higher than any other accomplishment a high schooler could have.

Last year, Mekhi Lewis won the junior world’s at Carr’s weight (74kg). Of course he went on to win NCAAs as a freshman by beating Marinelli and Vincenzo Joseph.

Other recent guys that have had success at junior worlds are AAs Mitch McKee, Ryan Deakin, Gable Steveson, Dayton Fix, Spencer Lee.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It is the toughest tournament in the world for people of this age level. It is a solid predictor of NCAA and/or senior level success. Recruiting is never 100%, but i personally would tank making a junior world team (and cadet) higher than any other accomplishment a high schooler could have.

Last year, Mekhi Lewis won the junior world’s at Carr’s weight (74kg). Of course he went on to win NCAAs as a freshman by beating Marinelli and Vincenzo Joseph.

Other recent guys that have had success at junior worlds are AAs Mitch McKee, Ryan Deakin, Gable Steveson, Dayton Fix, Spencer Lee.
Thanks! What Clones have been to Junior Worlds and had success?

Rather

Jul 21, 2014

Full list of Americans who have won this tournament the last 8 years:

Kyle Snyder
Spencer Lee
Daton Fix
Mark Hall
Gable Steveson
Mekhi Lewis

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Thanks! What Clones have been to Junior Worlds and had success?

Gomez made the team last year but was injured and couldn't compete. Before that, we haven't had anyone make the team since maybe Ryak Finch? He went 0-1.

Edit: Earl Hall also made it in 2012 and did not win a match

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Gomez made the team last year but was injured and couldn't compete. Before that, we haven't had anyone make the team since maybe Ryak Finch? He went 0-1.

Edit: Earl Hall also made it in 2012 and did not win a match

And before that, the last guys to make the team were Nate Gallick and Kurt Backes. Backes got 5th... Carr is guaranteed atleast that

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG