Best choice for cord cutters

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Yeah, it depends on the channels you watch and if you prefer on-demand or dvr, since directv now doesn’t dvr. I use PsVue, but put my in-laws on directv now because my father-in-law likes car shows and rftv, which isn’t available on PsVue, plus they wouldn’t even begin to understand dvr so on-demand is easier for them anyways. Their is a guide and it is decent, better than what a lot of the other services offer.

You can record up to 20 hours using DirecTV Now's DVR functionality.

• Informative
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

spinback32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Another vote for Youtube TV......

PS Vue seems to have more issues, the longer you have it
Hulu Live has trouble with live sports a little too often

Reactions: cyfanatic

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
We're moving in the near future, and are thinking of going with DirecTVNow. It's not exactly a dramatic cable cut, but it could save us a bunch of money.
The lowest plan is pretty cheap and includes the majority of the channels that we watch. Anyone have any experience with this service?

IF it has all the channels you like, great. However, they are one of the worst price per channel streaming services available. I had it, switched back to hulu live and youtubetv.

It is now called AT&T TV Now, btw.

CyVoodoo

Dec 7, 2009
You can always use an antenna. I actually prefer the antenna over the stream option for 5,8, and 17.

This is the winner. It's better quality, free, and doesn't require working Internet. And they all have added channels and I like a lot of the obscure channels. Still have Sling but have been watching OTA most of the time.

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
Does anyone have any problems with streaming YouTube TV on certain devices? (Firestick, Xbox, and so on)

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
$70 for 940mbps through AT&T fiber. It’s unbelievable.
$60 for DirectTV which includes HBO and all local channels.
+ Prime + Netflix

I’m totally happy with this setup.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Here is a vote for YouTube TV...been a user for 18 months and have zero complaints!

How does it work with having multiple TVs in the house? Does it have a DVR feature? I've been a mediacom slave for 12 years and know literally nothing about a streaming option.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
How does it work with having multiple TVs in the house? Does it have a DVR feature? I've been a mediacom slave for 12 years and know literally nothing about a streaming option.

Unlimited DVR for 6 different accounts so each account can be organized by personal interests. My family just uses 1 account and it has worked out well. As long as you have a smart tv or a roku or firestick...or chromecast...something...your TV will work. I was very hesitant to give up cable tv...once we did 18 months ago...I wished we would have done it sooner!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Unlimited DVR for 6 different accounts so each account can be organized by personal interests. My family just uses 1 account and it has worked out well. As long as you have a smart tv or a roku or firestick...or chromecast...something...your TV will work. I was very hesitant to give up cable tv...once we did 18 months ago...I wished we would have done it sooner!

Awesome man. I might be picking your brain via PM if you don't mind with further questions.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Not firestick yet.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Probably too late since there's been a lot of discussion, but I would be very curious to see a poll or polls on which streaming service, which streaming device, people use.

• Agree

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Probably too late since there's been a lot of discussion, but I would be very curious to see a poll or polls on which streaming service, which streaming device, people use.

I feel like in one of the previous iterations of this thread there was a poll.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
If you want to be a streamer. Do yourself a favor and get the Roku Ultra. Is hands down the best device by a million f***in miles

I've had 2 (gave my old one to a sibling when the new one debuted last year) with Mediacom 200 internet. Several people have commented how easy the UI is to operate and stream quality has NEVER been an issue. Netflix takes about 1-2 seconds of buffering then is crystal clear HD.

The stock performance has almost made me a couple dollars

upload_2019-8-14_15-1-50.png

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron