Police mistake bird poop for cocaine

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Did you guys watch the whole video? It starts before the time start linked.

They probably put the probable cause as not pulling over when the lights came on and instead driving for another 4:15. He didn't stop until another cop stopped his car in front of him blocking the lane. That probably also explains why pretty much the entire sheriff's office was out there. That doesn't make the bogus drug arrest okay. The dude is probably lucky his car didn't get stop-sticked or shot at (not okay either).

This isnt the entire situation though- the driver called 911 to make them aware that he was going to pull over, just in a well lit place (which im pretty sure is something you can do) as he didnt feel the place the lights originally went on was safe.

That should have been communicated to the officers.

• Informative
Reactions: Doc and VeloClone

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Maybe the cops were black. Maybe quarterback was being an ass. Sickening this all goes to racist thots when that has nothing to do with it most times and dont know more than is there. Just throw it out there and see who gets PO'ed. Are you trying to get some action going for demonstrations??

Lol swing and a miss.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Not pulling over in a reasonable amount of time is something I didn't know. Otherwise handcuffing him for speeding is ridiculous. In the end, the right thing happened, prosecutors dropped charges and erased all record of the arrest. The courtroom is where your rights are upheld, not the side of the road.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This isnt the entire situation though- the driver called 911 to make them aware that he was going to pull over, just in a well lit place (which im pretty sure is something you can do) as he didnt feel the place the lights originally went on was safe.

That should have been communicated to the officers.

Not sure what he considers safe or unsafe? I stopped counting when I saw 25 locations that I thought were safe spots. Heck, he even had to pass some cars to keep going. Not a very solid excuse to not pull over. The person most in danger would be the police officer at the side of the door. Normally your flashers indicate you see them and you will pull over at first responsible opportunity.

• Creative
Reactions: Urbandale2013

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Did you guys watch the whole video? It starts before the time start linked.

They probably put the probable cause as not pulling over when the lights came on and instead driving for another 4:15. He didn't stop until another cop stopped his car in front of him blocking the lane. That probably also explains why pretty much the entire sheriff's office was out there. That doesn't make the bogus drug arrest okay. The dude is probably lucky his car didn't get stop-sticked or shot at (not okay either).

No I didn't watch the whole thing. I only read the headline and then rushed to judgement. Duh, that's how you read news.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone