Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Such a pet peeve of mine...anti The Other Team instead of pro "My" Team. I think in all my years living around here (Nebraska included) I've seen one ISU plate that was of that sort. (HRKY WHO) Just saw an ANTI CY plate this week while leaving work.

I wonder how bad this is in other states with multiple D1 universities. AtM and Texa$? Any of the SEC teams?

Alabama/Auburn makes the Iowa/ISU rivalry look downright chummy. Can confirm, having been in Alabama and witnessed arguments (that's putting it mildly) between fans. Saw a guy and his BIL nearly come to blows at a family dinner.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Spent most of the day cleaning the boat, as daughter Shelby and granddaughter Isabelle arrive from Washington tomorrow. The vixen promised the little one that Papa would take her fishing in the boat.

Reminds me of the funny Wisconsin line - "The best day of my life was when I got my boat. The second best day of my life was when I sold my boat."

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Went to Biaggi's for dinner for our anniversary. Had spinach pasta with shrimp & crab with a cream sauce. Absolutely delightful. At first, I would have been happy with driving back to Ankeny and getting ice cream at Culver's. Then, I saw the dessert special for tonight was key lime pie. And, it's actually a small mini pie. Delicious. No @BoxsterCy , you can't have any. Or anyone else for that matter. ;):D:cool:
How many years? Wifey-Poo and I celebrated our 29th yesterday.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Amazon Prime has fully restored episodes of Baywatch.

This is either the worst or best thing to happen to television.

Horrible horrible show, but holy lord was Yasmine Bleeth beautiful

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What is considered an organized person?

Someone who has everything tidied away in specific spots and the next week or two planned to the minute or

Someone who has a messy desk, office area (whatever) and doesn’t have a hard daily calendar but has the next quarter and next several years roughed in and contingency plans ran several different ways on them?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Another thing I thought of that can significantly drive up the cost on stuff like that is re positioning/empty legs. As opposed to @IcSyU situation those on FlyOtto and other charter situations they are going to charge you for the full amount to get from where they are to where you want to go and potentially on from there if there is no one else to fill it.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Such a pet peeve of mine...anti The Other Team instead of pro "My" Team. I think in all my years living around here (Nebraska included) I've seen one ISU plate that was of that sort. (HRKY WHO) Just saw an ANTI CY plate this week while leaving work.

I wonder how bad this is in other states with multiple D1 universities. AtM and Texa$? Any of the SEC teams?
Not plates, but the prevalence of the "horns down" hand gesture by fans of other teams - especially OU and some A&M. I always thought it was downright crazy to see people doing that at Jack Trice Stadium when the Longhorns were playing about 1,000 miles away.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
View attachment 65655
This was a guaranteed fight starter in Wisconsin. Somebody bought a Green Bay Packer vanity plate just so they could put "Go Bears" on it. I thought using the Packer "G" logo was pretty clever. (And I'm a Packer fan!)
That is pretty good.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
Spent the weekend with the GF at her family reunion in Wisconsin. Her family has a cabin in the Iron River area about an hour east of Superior. That's probably as far north as I've been and holy cow that area is beautiful. Everyone brings tents and just hangs out for the weekend. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Upper 70's during the day and upper 50's at night so it was perfect temps for swimming during the day and comfortable sleeping at night. Great scenery, great food, great drinks, great people, just a great weekend. GF and I stopped at Minnesota's largest candy store on the way home which was pretty neat. I had no idea there were so many different kinds of candy but I guess they found enough to fill up that whole building. A week and a half left of my internship before I go back to school. Where did this summer go?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Spent the weekend with the GF at her family reunion in Wisconsin. Her family has a cabin in the Iron River area about an hour east of Superior. That's probably as far north as I've been and holy cow that area is beautiful. Everyone brings tents and just hangs out for the weekend. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Upper 70's during the day and upper 50's at night so it was perfect temps for swimming during the day and comfortable sleeping at night. Great scenery, great food, great drinks, great people, just a great weekend. GF and I stopped at Minnesota's largest candy store on the way home which was pretty neat. I had no idea there were so many different kinds of candy but I guess they found enough to fill up that whole building. A week and a half left of my internship before I go back to school. Where did this summer go?

I waved at Wisconsin while at split rock light house, didn’t see you wave back.

Reactions: RunninMan
Status
Not open for further replies.