Premier League

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I'm a little frustrated with Liverpool's complacency this transfer window. That being said, getting Gomez, Lallana, and Ox back after significant injuries is huge. They're basically new signings that don't have to fit into a new team.

I wanted a LB signing, but Milner can fill in when needed.

A squad level LB? Because I really admire Robertson. If Tierney can get close to emulating what Robertson has done at Liverpool I will be overjoyed.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I'm torn by indecision about what to do tomorrow morning at 8am. Do I take a nice long bike ride with friends, from Ely to Center Point including breakfast at the Kickstand in Czech Village? Do I go to church and pray for Mike Ashley's well-being and the safety of fans at St. James' Park? Or do I just stay home and root for Deandre Yedlin and friends to prevail in their home opener? Go Magpies!!!

• Agree
Reactions: ThatllDoCy

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I'm torn by indecision about what to do tomorrow morning at 8am. Do I take a nice long bike ride with friends, from Ely to Center Point including breakfast at the Kickstand in Czech Village? Do I go to church and pray for Mike Ashley's well-being and the safety of fans at St. James' Park? Or do I just stay home and root for Deandre Yedlin and friends to prevail in their home opener? Go Magpies!!!

Thanks for caring!

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Pulisic not in the starting 11 for Chelsea today. Bummer. Hope he comes off the bench and does something spectacular!

dmg89

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2008
West Des Moines
@Cy$ and I are trying to get Arsenal fans together somewhere. I'm down to watch the match at a bar somewhere if we get enough people to go. Royale Mile usually has games going?

@CyDude16 @Cyched

I went to the Royal Mile last year to watch a few matches and there were usually a handful of random Gooners there. I also think the Arsenal website still has The Keg Stand listed as a Gooner Bar, but I don't recall the last time I actually watched a match there.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyched

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
"for the next few weeks" Optimistic he may be back after international break but not before if you ask me.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
We will know the findings of the investigation into Citeh FFP violations in September. It could result in a 3 year ban from champions league. The FA have a separate investigation ongoing -

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
And have been dying for actual defenders for a decade.

Pepe scores less than a dozen goals this year. Mark it down.

If he gets 5-10 goals that is a good return for a winger playing in a system designed to feed the Auba beast with no PL experience.

Good defenders are hard to come by in the transfer market. Better to let Holding have his chance and good business to bring in Luiz for a pittance.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
A squad level LB? Because I really admire Robertson. If Tierney can get close to emulating what Robertson has done at Liverpool I will be overjoyed.

We aren't bringing in anybody to take Robertson's spot, I was just hoping for a quality/reliable backup. Moreno was great in the attack, but awful at defending.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I was hoping we would have gone in for Sesegnon. Spuds stumped up 25 mil and the biggest factor is that he is a twin, his twin is in London so he was not leaving the city at any price.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Midweek Predictions for a Road Warrior Weekend:
Spurs at City - Draw, 2-2;
Liverpool at Southampton - 4-0 Liverpool;
Burnley at Arsenal - Ashley Barnes has a field day and the Clarets prevail on the road, 2-1;
Leicester City at Chelsea - Chelsea gets into the W column, 2-1;
Man U at Wolves - Draw - 2-2;

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron