Battle 4 Atlantis 2019

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
So ISU will avoid Southern Miss and Seton Hall in the winners bracket unless they played in champ gsme. Makes sense with us playing them in Hilton already.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Wow, a trio of Michigan, UNC, Gonzaga would be quite the non-con slate. Similar to the possibility of Arizona, Zags, and Duke last year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So ISU will avoid Southern Miss and Seton Hall in the winners bracket unless they played in champ gsme. Makes sense with us playing them in Hilton already.

ISU v. Michigan
Alabama v. North Carolina

Say we win the first one and lose the second one.

Would we not play the loser of the winning side of the bottom of the bracket?

That could be Seton Hall if they beat Oregon but lose to Gonzaga/USM.
That could be USM if they beat Gonzaga (and yes, fat chance) and then lose to SH/OR.

CY08

Apr 26, 2019
Any fans staying at the Sandals Resort that is away from Paradise Island?

reignofthetiger

Apr 24, 2010
Carmel, IN
I am also trying to get tickets without the hotel since I am using points to stay at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. Haven't had much luck finding any info.

I got the full scoop from the resort for anyone interested. Specific team booster tickets can currently be purchased as an add-on "activity" to an Atlantis resort reservation. The option to buy specific team tickets won't pop up as an option if you go through a regular reservation from their homepage (only full tournament passes will be available). You actually have to click "Book Now" from the Battle 4 Atlantis webpage, then Iowa State-specific tickets are an option once you get to the "Activity" page.

Any remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public two weeks before the tournament starts, and will be available directly from the box office via phone (242-363-6601) or in person.

The wife and I decided to suck it up and book at Atlantis to ensure we got tickets. They are doing a terrible job of advertising how to get tickets, so hopefully this info helps a few more people join us in the stands!

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
The above isn't necessarily true! I just got tickets without having a reservation! (With the help of my Amex Platinum Concierge you plebs
vauEUgn.gif
)

So apparently if you call the ticket office, they'll explain to you that you'll buy a voucher for the ticket packages you want and you present the voucher at the ticket office once you arrive to the Bahamas.

Then they'll assign you seats and give you the actual tickets there. They email you a secure link to the the credit card processing system with the options for tickets and you fill everything out. About an hour later you get the voucher via email for you to print with this message

Your confirmation voucher is attached in this email. Please present this voucher to the Atlantis Book Office, along with valid photo I.D to redeem your tickets. Ticket redemption will begin Monday 18 November 2019. Seating for Day 1 is assigned based on next best available at the time and date of purchase and processing. Seats for Day 2 and Day 3 will be assigned on a first come first serve basis at the team Will Call desk during game days. Once again thank you for your patronage, and we look forward to seeing you at the games!

So it sounds like you gotta wait in line after each game which kinda sucks. Ah well.

Bad news? They're calling us "Iowa"...

Good news? We've sold the second most tickets after UNC according to the box office. So we should have an awesome crowd yet again.

Also here's all the package prices using this method, and yes, it was this bad of a resolution:

upload_2019-8-13_16-1-40.png

CY08

Apr 26, 2019
I am also trying to get tickets without the hotel since I am using points to stay at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. Haven't had much luck finding any info.
We will be staying at the Baha Mar for the tourney. Let me know if interested is arranging transportation together. Or please share if you know of a good way to get to Atlantis!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
just received this email from Anthony Travel:

Cyclones Fan,

We have two open seats on the Delta Airlines group flight, listed below. These seats are first come first serve. Please either reply to this email or call us at 214-363-0091 if you’d like to purchase one or both seats. The round-trip cost per seat, inclusive of airport transfers in Nassau is $1,260.

Flight:
DL2541/DL337, departs DSM on 11/26 at 11.33a, arrives NAS at 8.15p (stop in ATL)
DL378/DL1953, departs NAS on 11/30 at 4.07p, arrives DSM at 10.40p (stop in ATL)

Thank you,

The Team at Anthony Travel

• Informative
Reactions: Lyon309Cy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
just received this email from Anthony Travel:

Cyclones Fan,

We have two open seats on the Delta Airlines group flight, listed below. These seats are first come first serve. Please either reply to this email or call us at 214-363-0091 if you’d like to purchase one or both seats. The round-trip cost per seat, inclusive of airport transfers in Nassau is $1,260.

Flight:
DL2541/DL337, departs DSM on 11/26 at 11.33a, arrives NAS at 8.15p (stop in ATL)
DL378/DL1953, departs NAS on 11/30 at 4.07p, arrives DSM at 10.40p (stop in ATL)

Thank you,

The Team at Anthony Travel
$1260 per seat to Nassau and back seems high.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

pulse

Mar 24, 2006

It is but it’s October so the time for cheaper tickets on around Thanksgiving has probably passed barring a flash sale.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
It's for Thanksgiving week...it's really not a bad deal.
Ours were for ~$1230, purchased in March, independent from ISU packages, but still through Anthony Travel. We're also flying United rather than Delta.
I just looked online...the cheapest I found (in a VERY limited search) was for ~$1150, included TWO layovers and a total flight time of 17 hours (as opposed to 7 hours).

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's for Thanksgiving week...it's really not a bad deal.
Ours were for ~$1230, purchased in March, independent from ISU packages, but still through Anthony Travel. We're also flying United rather than Delta.
I just looked online...the cheapest I found (in a VERY limited search) was for ~$1150, included TWO layovers and a total flight time of 17 hours (as opposed to 7 hours).
Wow, I guess you are right about Thanksgiving effect.
Have a great time there! It's a safe and fun island. Eat a lot of conch fritters/salad. Some good stuff by the paradise island bridge.

• Friendly
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Wow, I guess you are right about Thanksgiving effect.
Have a great time there! It's a safe and fun island. Eat a lot of conch fritters/salad. Some good stuff by the paradise island bridge.
I've been to Nassau once - when I was 13. I really don't remember much beyond Paradise Bay, and the straw hats & purses at the market! ;)

Reactions: srjclone

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Bumping this thread for myself and any other fanatics going to this tourney. Curious to hear more from those who have been to Atlantis before on what to expect. My wife and I went to The Bahamas for our honeymoon, but we stayed at a Sandals resort on Great Exuma island (now infamously known as the host of Fyre Fest) so this is our first time in Nassau. Any tips on things to do or places to go outside of the resort? We are planning on going scuba diving at least one day (all of us are certified) and were looking for other excursion type of activities to partake in.