Premier League

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Have you been living under a rock this summer or are you just not knowledgeable in the sport?

I dont' get what you mean? I can only assume you think Arsenal did enough to get their top 4 trophy? Chelsea have bought no one- Ole is at the wheel at the red mancs who just binned their top goal scorer Lukaku. Slab head and Wan B have made them better but still 6th IMO.

Last edited:

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I dont' get what you mean? I can only assume you think Arsenal did enough to get their top 4 trophy? Chelsea have bought no one- Ole is at the wheel at the red mancs who just binned their top goal scorer Lukaku. Slab head and Wan B have made them better but still 6th IMO.

Top 4 trophy? Lol did you become insufferable after Liverpool won the Champions League or have you always been like that?

Spurs lost out on top targets Dybala, Saliba, and Ceballos. Any time you have that in the same transfer window that cant be considered a win.

Yes I do think Arsenal won the transfer window along with many other pundits agreeing. It's now up to Emery to put those pieces together and qualify for the Champions League.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Top 4 trophy? Lol did you become insufferable after Liverpool won the Champions League or have you always been like that?

Spurs lost out on top targets Dybala, Saliba, and Ceballos. Any time you have that in the same transfer window that cant be considered a win.

Yes I do think Arsenal won the transfer window along with many other pundits agreeing. It's now up to Emery to put those pieces together and qualify for the Champions League.
We get it, you're an Arsenal fan so you think they had the best transfer window. Doesn't mean you need to be a **** head.

Not a fan Spurs or Arsenal but, in fairness to Spurs, Ndombele/Lo Celso are absolutely legit and Sessegnon is one of the best young talents in England. It's not completely asinine to think that is in the same ball park as Pepe/Ceballos/Tierney/Luiz. I think a lot depends on your opinion of David Luiz... you either view him as a invaluable experienced CB who is great with the ball at his feet, or a mistake prone CB on the wrong side of 30 with his best days behind him.

• Useful
Reactions: CloneFan4

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I'm not a fan of any team, just a fan of good football / soccer. Thus, what excites me most is the ability to watch Pulisic in the most entertaining league in the world. I really hope he becomes a top 25 type player worldwide. He is close!

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I was gutted when Liverpool didn't get him. I think FSG thought it was a matter of time. No idea why he signed when Conte was there not like he plays kids. Good luck to the kid except 3 times this year.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Pepe is BY FAR the best signing in the league this window.

I don’t think he’s even Arsenal’s best signing. They were already well stocked in attack. They needed defenders. Tiereny is the better signing for them, and at a third of the price.

Arsenal paid more for Pepe than Liverpool did for Mane and Salah combined. Just some perspective.

Reactions: Colorado

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don’t think he’s even Arsenal’s best signing. They were already well stocked in attack. They needed defenders. Tiereny is the better signing for them, and at a third of the price.

Arsenal paid more for Pepe than Liverpool did for Mane and Salah combined. Just some perspective.

No way. We’ve been dying for an actual winger for years.

Liverpool got lucky with those signings. Great job by them but neither was as highly rated as Pepe.

Tierney, good signing, coming front scotland off an injury so he’s going to take a lot of time to bed in.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa

He wanted Julian Brandt instead of Salah and I can't remember who instead of Mane but the wizard Michael Edwards talked Klopp into it based on his teams metrics. Danny Ings 20 million.jpg

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
No way. We’ve been dying for an actual winger for years.

Liverpool got lucky with those signings. Great job by them but neither was as highly rated as Pepe.

Tierney, good signing, coming front scotland off an injury so he’s going to take a lot of time to bed in.

And have been dying for actual defenders for a decade.

Pepe scores less than a dozen goals this year. Mark it down.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Successful transfer window for the Gunners, I’d say!
Sadly, it appears arsenal did well. Man City added several nice pieces to fortify their stocked roster; Liverpool decided to basically stand pat; Chelsea shed significant talent but has young talent ready to step up; Spurs added exactly what the manager wanted - Dybala would have been "frosting" but too many side issues (salary, agent, image rights); Man U started the window strong but finished poorly;

My pre-season top-four prediction: City, Spurs, 'Pool & Everton!

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
I'm a little frustrated with Liverpool's complacency this transfer window. That being said, getting Gomez, Lallana, and Ox back after significant injuries is huge. They're basically new signings that don't have to fit into a new team.

I wanted a LB signing, but Milner can fill in when needed.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfan1965

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Sadly, it appears arsenal did well. Man City added several nice pieces to fortify their stocked roster; Liverpool decided to basically stand pat; Chelsea shed significant talent but has young talent ready to step up; Spurs added exactly what the manager wanted - Dybala would have been "frosting" but too many side issues (salary, agent, image rights); Man U started the window strong but finished poorly;

My pre-season top-four prediction: City, Spurs, 'Pool & Everton!

Top four:
1/2 - Liverpool And City
Spurs added enough talent to finish 3rd, but being Spurs, they will finish 4th.
Chelsea lost too much talent to keep in the top 4 and Lampard is meh as manager.
United has Ole at the wheel, so mark then down for 6th again.
Guess that leaves me picking Arsenal for 3rd.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4 and dmg89

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
FFS - Alisson just went down with an apparent hamstring injury. Cancel the PL title for Liverpool this season

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
4 - 8 weeks with a calf injury for Alisson. All things considered that’s not bad. When he went down it certainly looked worse. I was thinking it was an Achilles injury and season ending.