Jacob Park to transfer

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Omg, I just spit out my Coke Zero.

On one of Park’s shoulders sits a devil, calling him to his spiritual home of New Orleans. On the other? Another devil, calling him instead to the excesses of Las Vegas.​

I wish him the best and generally enjoyed watching him at ISU...but his last game and how things went after that were him doing himself no favors.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy and CTTB78

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Omg, I just spit out my Coke Zero.

On one of Park’s shoulders sits a devil, calling him to his spiritual home of New Orleans. On the other? Another devil, calling him instead to the excesses of Las Vegas.​

I laughed a little too hard at this excerpt:

He’s the spirit animal of former Iowa State quarterback Steele Jantz, the man that the name of Steele Jantz promised, but never delivered.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I think its interesting to see where he ended up. No one is violating his privacy by telling people where he is playing football. Comparing it to stalking an ex is weird and not at all comparable.

I'm not sure where all the vitriol for Park is coming from. That seems a little unnecessary. He's gone and we're better for it. If its anyone's fault it's the coaching staffs. They knew he was a big risk and they took it anyways.
If I recall, Park’s scholly opened up a spot for Purdy, who we offered pretty late in the cycle. So, yeah. It worked out for us.

Reactions: aauummm

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I'm never not going to bring up that a few posters thought P5 schools would be interested him.

He was one of the best in the Big 12 statistically before he blew up. Guy had chances to get on with another p5 team, but he just kept going from bad to worse. He pissed away a lot of his chances when teams were interested.

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: IASTATE07 and flycy

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Just to be clear I'm not upset at the coaching staff. I understand why they took the risk. But still, it was a risk and everyone knew it so the blame goes on them. Fortunately that is one of the few missteps the staff has taken and they are no longer in a position where they need to take those kinds of risks.

Just because it didn't work out doesn't make it a misstep. Failure is not always a misstep, it is often what leads to progress.

Parks definitely had the arm, just didn't have the poise. Maybe he has matured. Was really excited for him that season and disappointed how it turned out. Wish him the best, but the way things went down has for the best. Sort of like the Eustache situation.

Last edited:

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
He was one of the best in the Big 12 statistically before he blew up. Guy had chances to get on with another p5 team, but he just kept going from bad to worse. He pissed away a lot of his chances when teams were interested.
Talent was never in question with him. If he was all-in on football, I think he'd have a chance at making an NFL roster. I hope for his sake that he takes advantage of this last chance, and at the very least get a college degree.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Color Me Badd reference.......500 Bitcoin for that. Well done.
What is more wierd? This guy as our quarterback or Chizik as our coach? and I have screenshots of all of you who drank the kool aid on both.
I only have a few heros....and they wear military uniforms, not football uniforms. I do cheer for student athletes though too.....and I hope they can do good with what God gave them.

Look what God gave Cyclone Texas Game cheerleader, how perfect he made her...she walks in the room it's like he answered my prayers. I know she's got haters....but it ain't her fault.....

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
What is more wierd? This guy as our quarterback or Chizik as our coach? and I have screenshots of all of you who drank the kool aid on both.
I only have a few heros....and they wear military uniforms, not football uniforms. I do cheer for student athletes though too.....and I hope they can do good with what God gave them.

Look what God gave Cyclone Texas Game cheerleader, how perfect he made her...she walks in the room it's like he answered my prayers. I know she's got haters....but it ain't her fault.....
U wat mate?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I have a few of these of people trashing the Hoiberg hire.

You know who you are.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I think its interesting to see where he ended up. No one is violating his privacy by telling people where he is playing football. Comparing it to stalking an ex is weird and not at all comparable.

I'm not sure where all the vitriol for Park is coming from. That seems a little unnecessary. He's gone and we're better for it. If its anyone's fault it's the coaching staffs. They knew he was a big risk and they took it anyways.

Okay, I hear ya. Just wish some posters would not be negative towards him. He is gone. The staff took that risk because the talent level at QB was not good when they arrived. They would not need to take such a risk now.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Okay, I hear ya. Just wish some posters would not be negative towards him. He is gone. The staff took that risk because the talent level at QB was not good when they arrived. They would not need to take such a risk now.
How dare you have a Valid point.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Glances around the QB room, and at the list of players both committed and showing interest for ensuing classes. Nominates post for "Understatement of the Year".

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'll also point out that when this staff took Park, the initial word was that we were going to get a former OU quarterback as the transfer--can't remember his name, was it Justice Hansen? I think he ended up at Arkansas State, and had a solid career.

The point being, they took Park because of the two, they preferred him. Just a reminder that as great as this staff is, they aren't omniscient. Or infallible.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Maybe raw talent, but Meyer doesn't get enough credit IMO.

His first year they let him just make plays with his athleticism.

Then they tried to make him more of a pocket passer. With a not very good o line.

Guy is lucky he didn’t end up seriously damaged.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC