Jacob Park to transfer

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I would think if we want to respect CMC and the program, this thread would cease to exist. Just my opinion. Would any of us stalk an old boyfriend or girlfriend that we broke up with just because they cheated on us... Some may not want to answer that question.....
I think its interesting to see where he ended up. No one is violating his privacy by telling people where he is playing football. Comparing it to stalking an ex is weird and not at all comparable.

I'm not sure where all the vitriol for Park is coming from. That seems a little unnecessary. He's gone and we're better for it. If its anyone's fault it's the coaching staffs. They knew he was a big risk and they took it anyways.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think its interesting to see where he ended up. No one is violating his privacy by telling people where he is playing football. Comparing it to stalking an ex is weird and not at all comparable.

I'm not sure where all the vitriol for Park is coming from. That seems a little unnecessary. He's gone and we're better for it. If its anyone's fault it's the coaching staffs. They knew he was a big risk and they took it anyways.

When you are Iowa State, you have to take calculated risks with recruiting and building rosters to have a chance to compete with the blue bloods. We do not have their overall advantage$ and do not have the leniency of the media or NCAA to help us.

Park, like say Cameron Lard, was one such risk. Sometimes they work out, like taking an injury risk like Josh Knipfel (who has been great) and the story we hope to see with Marcedus Leech, and sometimes they do not. Good luck to Jacob and his family.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
When you are Iowa State, you have to take calculated risks with recruiting and building rosters to have a chance to compete with the blue bloods. We do not have their overall advantage$ and do not have the leniency of the media or NCAA to help us.

Park, like say Cameron Lard, was one such risk. Sometimes they work out, like taking an injury risk like Josh Knipfel (who has been great) and the story we hope to see with Marcedus Leech, and sometimes they do not. Good luck to Jacob and his family.
Just to be clear I'm not upset at the coaching staff. I understand why they took the risk. But still, it was a risk and everyone knew it so the blame goes on them. Fortunately that is one of the few missteps the staff has taken and they are no longer in a position where they need to take those kinds of risks.

Reactions: khardbored

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I would think if we want to respect CMC and the program, this thread would cease to exist. Just my opinion. Would any of us stalk an old boyfriend or girlfriend that we broke up with just because they cheated on us... Maybe I should of said met our expectations. Some may not want to answer that question.....

We often follow former cyclones. I don’t think there’s any disrespect to Campbell in discussing it. No one thinks Campbell did anything wrong.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Yeah but the staff also held him accountable and when it got to a certain point, he was done.

Didn't he do something after his time at ISU that was throwing the staff and ISU under the bus? I think it's justified to point out that he wasn't a good fit for ISU and it showed after he was done.

Also his antics in the gifs from that Bevo article are ridiculous no matter the perspective. He made that Texas game all about him, and it was, but not in a good way, and I don't think it's a coincidence that ISU went on to have a nice season after that.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Just to be clear I'm not upset at the coaching staff. I understand why they took the risk. But still, it was a risk and everyone knew it so the blame goes on them. Fortunately that is one of the few missteps the staff has taken and they are no longer in a position where they need to take those kinds of risks.

I do not think Iowa State will ever be beyond needing to take some risks.

I am pretty willing to forgive a bad outcome of a good process.

The program seems no worse for Park's tenure in the long-term, either.

The staff should receive some credit for knowing when to cut bait, too.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Members of the Mid-American Intercollegiate Association with Missouri Southern State University:

School (Joined MIAA)
University of Central Missouri (1912)
University of Central Oklahoma (2012-13)
Emporia State University (1991)
Fort Hays State University (2006)
Lincoln University (2010)
Missouri Southern State University (1989)
Missouri Western State University (1989)
University of Nebraska at Kearney (2012-13)
Northeastern State University (2012-13)
Northwest Missouri State University (1912)
Pittsburg State University (1989)
Washburn University (1989)

Associate Members (Joined MIAA)
Newman University (2019)
Rogers State University (2019)

Missouri Southern State University's football/track field has a maximum seating capacity of 7,000 and the student enrollment is less than 6,000. I don't think that we will be seeing Jacob Park playing on ESPN or Fox Sports, etc.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Park probably would have been fantastic television on Last Chance U with Jason Brown if he could play Juco.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I do not think Iowa State will ever be beyond needing to take some risks.

I am pretty willing to forgive a bad outcome of a good process.

The program seems no worse for Park's tenure in the long-term, either.

The staff should receive some credit for knowing when to cut bait, too.
I'm not going down some rabbit hole debate with you sig. That's your thing. My original point was I think the hate for Jake is a little unnecessary. I'll just leave it at that.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Members of the Mid-American Intercollegiate Association with Missouri Southern State University:

School (Joined MIAA)

Newman University (2019)

Missouri Southern State University's football/track field has a maximum seating capacity of 7,000 and the student enrollment is less than 6,000. I don't think that we will be seeing Jacob Park playing on ESPN or Fox Sports, etc.

Maybe when he leads them to the Division II national championship game?

I remember that being on ESPN -- I watched GVSU lose to NW MO ST in 2009.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm not going down some rabbit hole debate with you sig. That's your thing. My original point was I think the hate for Jake is a little unnecessary. I'll just leave it at that.

Why do you have to insult me by not capitalizing my name?

:p

Haha -- I agree with you. I hold no animosity towards Jacob here and cannot understand why some might consider his tenure some monumental event for the program.

It was a tiny blip, a side story, before the real story began.

• Agree
Reactions: Lexclone and Acylum

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I choose to remember Jacob Park as a Cyclone QB that really energized the fans and gave us some special hope. He was a special talent on the field. Going into that season, I thought he was our only hope at QB for success. I stand corrected. And even though Park didn't leave on the best of terms, I will acknowledge the problems and choose to remember him simply as a great recruit that didn't work as well as we all would have hoped.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
The fact that no FCS or G5 would even take a shot on this kid is telling of the type of reputation he’s created for himself.

He wouldn't have any eligibility left for that would he? I might be wrong but I don't think D2 has a "clock" so there is no 5 years to play 4 type restrictions. I also don't think you have to sit a year to become eligible after a transfer although I don't know where Park was last year so that might not be relevant.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I choose to remember Jacob Park as a Cyclone QB that really energized the fans and gave us some special hope. He was a special talent on the field. Going into that season, I thought he was our only hope at QB for success. I stand corrected. And even though Park didn't leave on the best of terms, I will acknowledge the problems and choose to remember him simply as a great recruit that didn't work as well as we all would have hoped.

I was never that impressed with him. He didn’t exactly win games.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

School (Joined MIAA)

Newman University (2019)

Ah...the University of Central Missouri...one of my favorite school mascots...

mules.png

The Mules and the Jennies...

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm