College Gameday in Ames?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
If ISU and Texas are both undefeated in November, I’m thinking that’s a far better game to see. Especially since we’re likely to expose whoever TCU’s quarterback turns out to be.

Seems like that would be a lock for Gameday.
Well sure, that would be awesome. But the chances of that happening are far less than ISU and UI being undefeated and ranked.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Opening weekend to Clemson. Maybe that helps ISU's chances?

Doubt it. Clemson is the home team in week 1 and the away team in week 4 so I don't think that will increase our chances for the Iowa game. And besides, we learned in 2017 Gameday is perfectly fine going to the same Blueblood twice in a season when ISU-TCU got snubbed so they could go to Columbus for the second time.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
What are you smoking? They're in the top 20 of almost everyone's rankings so far. They have a DE that is supposed to be a top 10 draft pick.
Preseason rankings don't mean ****. They have a fat **** quarterback who chokes under pressure and have no one to catch the ball after fant and hockenson left. Anyone who puts them in the top 25 is a moron.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Preseason rankings don't mean ****. They have a fat **** quarterback who chokes under pressure and have no one to catch the ball after fant and hockenson left. Anyone who puts them in the top 25 is a moron.
But they do have a top draft pick d end in Epenesaz so this rant was off.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
What are you smoking? They're in the top 20 of almost everyone's rankings so far. They have a DE that is supposed to be a top 10 draft pick.

In his defense Iowa usually flops when they are expected to actually win a lot of games.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
If ISU and Texas are both undefeated in November, I’m thinking that’s a far better game to see. Especially since we’re likely to expose whoever TCU’s quarterback turns out to be.

Seems like that would be a lock for Gameday.

Though I wouldn't bank on this being the case - if they are both undefeated at that point in the season (mid-November) then they'd probably both be top 10ish(?) ranked teams? *goosebumps*

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I think Gameday for the Iowa game would be great. It would really show off how intense and fun the rivalry is. Also, the weather should (yes, should) be really nice and the atmosphere and enthusiasm will be off-the-charts.

I don't think there'd be too many Iowa fans in the stands. Firstly, our fans are really pumped for this season and not many will be giving up this ticket. Secondly, after seeing last year's Iowa game and the bowl games, it's official that ISU fans now travel better than Iowa fans.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
love it @mitchforcy !!!

my wifes boyfriend and me have a bet over the ball game. hes a hawk guy

the winner gets to take the mrs 2 dave and busters on the others dime! he cousin (also hawk) has an old lincoln limo that the loser has to drive us around in to dave and busters and 2 golden carrol. and guess what. the drivers devider got broke a couple weeks ago when we were playing a sexy little game called julians limo service. anyways so the divider is broke so no way for the driver not to look back but when they do we will yell at them like a butler. its gonna be awesome.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Though I wouldn't bank on this being the case - if they are both undefeated at that point in the season (mid-November) then they'd probably both be top 10ish(?) ranked teams? *goosebumps*

If we are both 9-0 with victories over OU, I'm saying closer to top 5.

However, the Debbie Downer in me thinks we will have 1 maybe 2 losses at that point.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I think Gameday for the Iowa game would be great. It would really show off how intense and fun the rivalry is. Also, the weather should (yes, should) be really nice and the atmosphere and enthusiasm will be off-the-charts.

I don't think there'd be too many Iowa fans in the stands. Firstly, our fans are really pumped for this season and not many will be giving up this ticket. Secondly, after seeing last year's Iowa game and the bowl games, it's official that ISU fans now travel better than Iowa fans.

The concern would be the number of Iowa fans that travel to Ames to crash the Gameday site, not the amount of Iowa fans in the stadium.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
love it @mitchforcy !!!

the winner gets to take the mrs 2 dave and busters on the others dime! he cousin (also hawk) has an old lincoln limo that the loser has to drive us around in to dave and busters and 2 golden carrol. and guess what. the drivers devider got broke a couple weeks ago when we were playing a sexy little game called julians limo service. anyways so the divider is broke so no way for the driver not to look back but when they do we will yell at them like a butler. its gonna be awesome.

Can we please make this man a mod already?

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
love it @mitchforcy !!!

I'll take 3 of what this guy is smoking.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The concern would be the number of Iowa fans that travel to Ames to crash the Gameday site, not the amount of Iowa fans in the stadium.
I understand that. I just feel like, this year, our fanbase is ready for it. A few Iowa fans may poke there heads into a group shot but I still feel that would demonstrate how much fun the rivalry is.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
If we are both 9-0 with victories over OU, I'm saying closer to top 5.

However, the Debbie Downer in me thinks we will have 1 maybe 2 losses at that point.

Very possible. Just thinking of a couple of teams in each conference that either 1. Start higher than us in the polls and we aren't able to leapfrog them in the standings by that point (still a few of the big dog match-ups remaining the last couple weeks of the season), or 2. Could even see us being behind a team or two with 1 loss (bigger name/resume, loss being to another top 5, perceived decline in overall B12 strength this season). Texas would absolutely be there, they're almost there as they sit currently.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
it's official that ISU fans now travel better than Iowa fans.

I think I know what you're trying to say: that we've always traveled better than Iowa fans, but nobody realized it until now. The grammar nazi in me just has to correct it so that the sentence agrees. I'd move the word now: "it's official now that ISU fans travel better than Iowa fans."

Yes, I'm miserable and I hate myself also.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016

You better go back and watch that second half and OT of the 2017 game. Choke under pressure?