Barta Extended!

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
... OK Mods, with over 1,000 dislikes, would you think it is time to show him the door?

The guy is a tool on here. He brings nothing. He just stirs the pot.

There is zero reason for him to be here. We Iowa State fans just don't like the truth he brings.

• Funny
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 0u812 and JP4CY

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
There is zero reason for him to be here. We Iowa State fans just don't like the truth he brings.
Think about it...he likely has very little human interaction. We are keeping from heading to the local market becoming the next headliner in national news.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
... OK Mods, with over 1,000 dislikes, would you think it is time to show him the door?

The guy is a tool on here. He brings nothing. He just stirs the pot.

Jeff is in a class by himself as a worthless hawk. He will be back if you ban him.

Jesus he has to be at least 3 user names removed from his original jwrhawk monicker from hr days on their site. Kakert had to shut down the rivals board over there because of him.

But it would sure be nice if any of the good hawk fans, who don’t hesitate to call out their own, ever said anything

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
1. Being the AD of the best run of ISU BB history
2. Hiring probably the best coach in the last 50 years in FB
3. Increasing interest in ISU football and growing the fanbase significantly
4. Doing facility upgrades that make sense for ISU
5. Not costing the university millions in lawsuits

All great points, but #2 alone is a far better accomplishment than anything Barta has done with the TOE.

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Terrific news! Now extend Fran!

Well... as an ISU fan I love this. ISU has a Superior AD, Superior FB Coach, Superior BB Coach, and maybe a better Wrestling Coach. Awesome. Not to mention the fact that ISU has been slowly gaining on iowa in FB attendence and while we grow our stadium they are shrinking their's.. Lock that up toe.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He told the decision makers what he wanted to do and what documentation he had to back up the decision. It was then up to others to decide if they wanted to push it to trial or settle.

Not sure why this is so hard for you.

That means he fired her because she was gay and he knew he was going to lose. That's not exactly a good thing for Barta.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Could you imagine being an Iowa fan right now?

Fran is recruiting kids nobody wants and that program will always be second fiddle to us as long as he's there. Anyone nationally talking football in our state is talking about Campbell and Purdy. Iowa not long ago was a wrestling powerhouse and now is fighting just to be in the top 3 of their conference and now Barta gets a raise and extension? Brutal

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Could you imagine being an Iowa fan right now?

Fran is recruiting kids nobody wants and that program will always be second fiddle to us as long as he's there. Anyone nationally talking football in our state is talking about Campbell and Purdy. Iowa not long ago was a wrestling powerhouse and now is fighting just to be in the top 3 of their conference and now Barta gets a raise and extension? Brutal
I think our argument would get some bolstering if we actually beat them in football.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Meh. We didn't beat them two years ago and still ended up being better. Upsets happen
We know all it is an important milestone. Honestly I hope we rip them. Not gonna get torn up if we don’t.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Jamie Pollard's accomplishments would make a long list, including his decisions regarding coaches, facilities, his leadership in the national organizations, and raising 3 times the contributions from NCC compared to when he got here, Every decision he has made has been for the welfare of the student athletes and the implementation of a long term marketing plan for Iowa State athletics he started when he got here.

He has been a master at marketing Iowa State. I live in Florida and I was in Des Moines and Minneapolis for the last two weeks and I come home for most home football games and the amount of Iowa State gear you see in the Des Moines area compared to 15 years ago is at a minimum on par with Iowa if not more. Which is a lot more than before.

JP has made Iowa State sports so damn much fun, more fun than any other time since I started going to games 50 years ago.

If I were an Iowa fan, I would be mad at Barta and the Iowa administration for not taking at least some of the big money from the BTN (or the $ spent on legal settlements) over the last 15 years and doing a better job of marketing to keep JP and the Iowa State administration from being so successful in pulling Iowa State up to a more competitive level with the people of Iowa, both as a university and in athletics. The success and fun of Iowa State sporting events in the last 10-15 years is one of several significant reasons Iowa State has more students than Iowa.

I am happy JP is at Iowa State and I don't care who the AD is at Iowa.