Sibley
Foster
Conditt
---
Blackwell
Johnson
Young

Just picking eight... yikes.
That's also assuming Terrence Lewis doesn't live up to his standards this year. If he has a break out year, he'd be the 3. That's a very tough lineup.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
That's also assuming Terrence Lewis doesn't live up to his standards this year. If he has a break out year, he'd be the 3. That's a very tough lineup.

I just picked eight (with some bias towards the 4* recruits just to emphasize their potential roles on the team when they come online). I was not trying to trash Lewis, Griffin, Grill, Jackson, or anybody else. Add some development from any of those other guys and... yeah, wow.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I wouldn't consider us a favorite for anyone right now. Out top targets would all be great, but I don't know where all this "favorite" stuff is coming from.
It's all pure speculation right now but there is some reason to be excited about these 3. We're Blackwell's best offer and he has a crystal ball for us. It seemed that at the time, Sibley was high on both Marquette and us, but Marquette picked up a commitment and then a crystal ball was given to us for him. With Foster having connections to Ames, he's there quite a bit, and he sometimes runs with our guys, it's a cause for some valid speculation as well. He also got a crystal ball for "undecided" on July 28.

All in all, you never know with recruiting, but I think there's a good chance we land at least 2/3 of these guys.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I just picked eight (with some bias towards the 4* recruits just to emphasize their potential roles on the team when they come online). I was not trying to trash Lewis, Griffin, Grill, Jackson, or anybody else. Add some development from any of those other guys and... yeah, wow.
Oh yeah I wasn't assuming you were. Yeah.. that is a very talented roster.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
My guess would be that if Lewis doesn’t break out and solidify himself a spot into the starting lineup for the following year that he will be transferring elsewhere.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It would be best for both parties if that plays out so I don’t know why someone would dislike this post.

We both (and all really) know the powers-that-be do not like speculation about somebody transferring or leaving the program unless there is some reporting about it.

They are tolerant of just building in a discussion of generic "attrition" without naming any specific names when it comes to recruiting and roster construction, though.

Reactions: isu83

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Saw Foster at the Fair. He is walking in a boot. Did not seem to be limping or anything. Not sure what the injury is but did not look serious.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Saw Foster at the Fair. He is walking in a boot. Did not seem to be limping or anything. Not sure what the injury is but did not look serious.
Was he wearing any Iowa, Baylor, Providence, or Virginia Tech gear? If he was, then it's over and we might as well throw in the towel and move on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron