Carson Schleker is entering transfer portal

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CaptainClutch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2014
Figured he would have had a chance to get a little bit of playing time this year with Josh Johnson transferring, but haven't heard his name all Fall which leads me to think he got passed up or just wasn't getting it done.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Figured he would have had a chance to get a little bit of playing time this year with Josh Johnson transferring, but haven't heard his name all Fall which leads me to think he got passed up or just wasn't getting it done.
That's what I was thinking.

Classy post by Carson, wish him well at his next place.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Good luck to him in the future! Had heard a lot of positives about his speed and will be bummed that he won't see the field for us.

Reactions: t-noah

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Him transferring is pretty eye opening when thinking about how talented our WR room is. He was a pretty good recruit who actually had a lot of nice offers (Utah, Zona, Boise State, Houston, Illinois, Kansas, L'ville, Minnesota, Wazzu, WVU, Wisconsin). If his decision to leave was based on football and possibly playing time, it either means maybe he wasn't living up to expectations, or that he was doing well but other WR's were passing his abilities. I like to think it was the latter. Either way, good luck to him wherever he chooses to go!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Deshaunte is back, Tarique can still slide over to the M, Landon Akers moved inside (and apparently is excelling)...and then there’s Leonard Glass. And it looks like the staff still wants a slot-type receiver in the current recruiting class.

Good luck to you, Carson!

Reactions: t-noah

CaptainClutch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2014
Deshaunte is back, Tarique can still slide over to the M, Landon Akers moved inside (and apparently is excelling)...and then there’s Leonard Glass. And it looks like the staff still wants a slot-type receiver in the current recruiting class.

Good luck to you, Carson!
I thought that he would be the third guy in the slot behind Akers and would maybe get in at ends of games and kind of have the same role that Josh Johnson had last year. Maybe too, i'm just spitballing Real Mitchell may be getting some reps at slot?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I thought that he would be the third guy in the slot behind Akers and would maybe get in at ends of games and kind of have the same role that Josh Johnson had last year. Maybe too, i'm just spitballing Real Mitchell may be getting some reps at slot?
I doubt that very much. As the #2 QB, he still needs all the reps there he can get.

Guessing that Glass gets four games of “cleanup” action.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
I was excited with his signing but mostly because it was nice to have a foot in the door at Allen HS. The couple times I watched him play he did not stand out but that was on a high school team that put every graduating senior into Div I. And all of the passes were going to his teammate.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron