****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
My wishlist is Foster and Blackwell. I like where we are sitting with both of them.

Most likely have three of four Schollies to give out. I like this two as well. If we get those two do we still go after Sibley? I think we are kind of in a “take the best available situation “ right now

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
That's exciting though, think about where we stand in basketball and football right now. Both coaches recruiting well and getting results with post season as well. 8 years ago we were just thinking the offseason sounded pretty good so we didn't have to watch any more football or basketball lol

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
We're the favorite to land Sibley too correct?
I don't know much about the recruitment of Sibley, but it looks like we are currently the favorite. Considering that another scholarship or two will open up, we would have room for Sibley, Blackwell, and Foster (they all play different positions) if they all wanted to commit and would have to take all three instead of being picky and only taking two and waiting for a guard.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Dudley Blackwell (SF, 6'5): 4 star, .9556
Jamari Sibley (PF, 6'8"): 4 star, .9683
Xavier Foster (C, 7'0"): 4 star, .9845

That would be a home run of a 2020 recruiting class.

Agree. Also, basically would be hitting all of our main targets.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Dudley Blackwell (SF, 6'5): 4 star, .9556
Jamari Sibley (PF, 6'8"): 4 star, .9683
Xavier Foster (C, 7'0"): 4 star, .9845

That would be a home run of a 2020 recruiting class.

Would be enormous our frontcourt would be set for years to come. Not to mention, instant impact high-level guards are easier to land in the transfer market as well if a plug and play guard is needed down the road.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Would be enormous our frontcourt would be set for years to come. Not to mention, instant impact high-level guards are easier to land in the transfer market as well if a plug and play guard is needed down the road.
Absolutely. We should honestly be loaded with talent, especially if Tyrese stays another year, which I think he does unless he's a high first round guy. We already have Rasir Bolton for 2-3 years depending on his status for this year, Javon Johnson will have two years left, Lewis for another year, and then the incoming freshman guards. All three 2020 recruits will have a legit shot to play significant minutes for us and the talent level they bring in will help elevate the guys we currently have on the roster.

I think we're going to be a salty team this year that can sneak into the tournament if Rasir doesn't play, but if he does play, I think we could end up being a 6 seed when it's all said and done. We'll have to see how things shake out, but if our chemistry is right, we should be good. In two years, if we end up with those 2020 guys or guys similar to their caliber, we could be really really good.

• Agree
Reactions: allday4cy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Assuming Haliburton declares after next season, we would still have...

6'1" Jackson
6'2" Bolton (eligible next year or not, either as a sophomore or RS-sophomore)
6'3" Grill
6'5" Leech
6'6" Lewis and Griffin
6'7" Johnson (coming off the RS year)

I think there is enough depth, talent, and diversity of styles there to complement whatever we would have in the front court for the 2020 and 2021 season at that point.

The year after would need to be guard-heavy recruiting, however, and one of the "projects" (either a career backup so far, an incoming freshman, or Johnson coming off a sit-out year) above stepping into a starting role with aplomb along with Bolton would help.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Assuming Haliburton declares after next season, we would still have...

6'1" Jackson
6'2" Bolton (eligible next year or not, either as a sophomore or RS-sophomore)
6'3" Grill
6'5" Leech
6'6" Lewis and Griffin
6'7" Johnson (coming off the RS year)

I think there is enough depth, talent, and diversity of styles there to complement whatever we would have in the front court for the 2020 and 2021 season at that point.

The year after would need to be guard-heavy recruiting, however, and one of the "projects" (either a career backup so far, an incoming freshman, or Johnson coming off a sit-out year) above stepping into a starting role with aplomb along with Bolton would help.
I could see Haliburton staying another year unless he's a high-middle 1st round draft pick. If he's late first round and could slip to the second, I think he stays one more year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I could see Haliburton staying another year unless he's a high-middle 1st round draft pick. If he's late first round and could slip to the second, I think he stays one more year.

Haliburton
Bolton
Sibley
Foster
Conditt
---
Blackwell
Johnson
Young

Just picking eight... yikes.