Best choice for cord cutters

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Did the PSVue free trial. Found out you could not DVR the local channels. Switch to YouTube TV and very happy so far (3.5 months).

Internet is Mediacom 100mbps for $79.62/mth

I DVR big brother on the local CBS affiliate on PS Vue.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I DVR big brother on the local CBS affiliate on PS Vue.

Try to DVR a local news broadcast. Would not do it here in central Iowa. Looks like it will (puts it in the library), but then never records.

Maybe they fixed it over the last 3 months

Last edited:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Probably an easy answer to this but I don't know so am asking before I cut the cable.

Since I snowbird will there be any issues in streaming using YouTubeTV or Hulu etc 6 months in Iowa and 6 months in Florida? Since it's obviously internet providers etc and different local channels, just wondering how that is handled.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Probably an easy answer to this but I don't know so am asking before I cut the cable.

Since I snowbird will there be any issues in streaming using YouTubeTV or Hulu etc 6 months in Iowa and 6 months in Florida? Since it's obviously internet providers etc and different local channels, just wondering how that is handled.

You can change your home area, if you want, with YouTube TV in a snap. Unless it isn’t available in one of your markets, I don’t see much of an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: MeanDean

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Hulu Live is awesome. I’ve had it for 2+ years. Tons of games to watch on saturdays.

I’ve heard good things about PSVue too, but I mostly stream on my Xbox so...

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
One of the best things I’ve noticed about streaming vs cable sports is the West Virginia factor.

By that I mean... if the prior game runs long, it seems like your game is always available via ESPN3 or Watch ESPN or whatever they are calling it now. This is probably true regardless of platform, but I know that Hulu functions this way.

cycart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2012
Johnston, IA
We’ve really enjoyed YouTube tv and the interface and experience has been great. For me even if I’m not saving a ton of money on it I like the flexibility it provides and not having to having the hassle of calling in to cancel.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Got Hulu live here... I already had Hulu without ads, so adding Hulu live to my bundle seemed like the most cost effective option; plus they give you a bundle discount.

Currently paying $51 for Hulu+Live+No ads.

Internet is $40 for 25 mbps (xfinity)

Only thing that has bothered me about Hulu live is that you cannot forward past the ads when you DVR.