****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Depth is overrated in games yet underrated in practice.

Well said. I always hate to read how a guy that doesn't see a lot of time on the floor in games was "a wasted scholarship". I didn't play a ton during games in high school, but as a second unit our job was to make the starters work in practice.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Wait, so ISU is recruiting Woodbury for 2020?! Surely there are better options out there...what about Lohaus or Acie Earl?

• Winner
Reactions: necromancy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
A blue blood can still sneak in. An Instagram picture of a top 5 isn’t some legally binding agreement.

Yeah, an official list of preferred suitors ain't gonna stop Ole Roy from sending that text.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
A blue blood can still sneak in. An Instagram picture of a top 5 isn’t some legally binding agreement.

Clearly, thanks. If they aren't in there right now probably wont be knocking down his door in the next month or two.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Do you still get to say “inherited a dumpster fire” in year 10?

What a weird ass fanbase.
It's absolutely hilarious how content some of their fans are. Hawk friends of mine watch and cheer for them but would instantly take another coach if it was the right one for the program.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
It's absolutely hilarious how content some of their fans are. Hawk friends of mine watch and cheer for them but would instantly take another coach if it was the right one for the program.
Not that McCaffery is great, but I hesitate to make fun of a program that killed us last year and made it further in the NCAA tourament. He is also 10X better than Lickliter, which earned him some slack from the fan base. However, making the tournament about half the time as an 8-9 seed and winning one game appears to big the ceiling for him.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not that McCaffery is great, but I hesitate to make fun of a program that killed us last year and made it further in the NCAA tourament. He is also 10X better than Lickliter, which earned him some slack from the fan base. However, making the tournament about half the time as an 8-9 seed and winning one game appears to big the ceiling for him.
Any team can beat any team on any given night, especially in a rivalry game. And yes, Iowa played well in their tournament game and won while we played terrible and lost. The NCAA tournament is incredibly unpredictable and so was this year's ISU team. And sure he's better than Lick but that's not a hard thing to do.. Look I'm fine with Fran being there. I hope he's there forever.