• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Levine and Falvey had to be quite uncomfortable with that one. Dyson completely crapped the bed.

3 runs in the bottom of the 9th against the worst team in baseball

200.webp

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Another vote for the MOA and taking train in. We go to about 6 Twins games a year and drive up from Iowa. We did this the very 1st time and it is just so dang convenient and cheap. Spend the night in a hotel near the MOA and train in. We usually eat at the Mall before the game, catch the game and then do whatever after the game then train back to the Mall after the crowds go away.

We bought Saturday August 10th and Sunday the 11th tickets against the Indians a few months ago because it was convenient calendar wise and we wanted to get the kids up there again before school starts. Well now didn't that suddenly turn into a great series to catch 2! Sometimes luck is an odd thing.
If you are taking a round trip on a train, make sure you buy an all day fare on the way out. You have to push the all day fare button at the very start of you transaction - make sure you do that first. I think it is button G on the first screen:

ticket_machineSmall.jpg

Then if you decide to get on the train right after the game you can bypass the ticket machine and board the train immediately.

We have started to take the train from DT Minneapolis to Allianz Field for MN United games since there is essentially zero parking over there.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Terrible loss today. Bullpen mismanagement at its finest between yesterday and today. You should never have to go to Rogers up 7-0 in the bottom of the 9th, which in turn leads to him not wanting to use him to start the 9th today.
At least Dyson can only get better, yikes.

Rogers could have started the ninth. They got Dyson for a reason and he's certainly capable of holding a three run lead. Simply didn't happen today.
The loss is equally do to striking out 15 times. Didn't see it, but Cruz getting thrown out a second on Kepler's single is a head scratcher.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Dyson arrives at the ballpark in the third inning, gets sent to the pen in the fifth, then gets thrown in there to start the 9th. Welcome!

Still, they're professionals. Making lots of money to throw a ball past other guys. Dyson summed it up perfectly when he said "I didn't do my job".

Good news is, next 10 are at Target....warm up with the lowly Royals, then Atlanta, and then 4 chances to gain ground on the Tribe.

It'll be all right. You'll see.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Flipped over after the Yankee game and I thought the plate ump was bad in that game. Just saw ball four to Kepler that may be the worst ball/strike call I've seen all year. And, Joe West is behind the plate. Surprise, surprise. At least the call went to the Twins but, man, oh man.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Flipped over after the Yankee game and I thought the plate ump was bad in that game. Just saw ball four to Kepler that may be the worst ball/strike call I've seen all year. And, Joe West is behind the plate. Surprise, surprise. At least the call went to the Twins but, man, oh man.

Too bad we can't blame the umps for how Dyson did in his first two outings. Yikes.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I have always thought that even as terrible as major league umps can be and with little accountability, Joe West must have something on Major League Baseball and they can’t get rid of him after all these years. That guy is an asshat above all asshats.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I have always thought that even as terrible as major league umps can be and with little accountability, Joe West must have something on Major League Baseball and they can’t get rid of him after all these years. That guy is an asshat above all asshats.

Truth. Kerry Woods lead a great online twitter rant about him a few year back. West is the worst of the worst because he's a bad ump and an an ******* to. Throw in his short fuse and his need to be an attention ***** and he's like a character someone made up to have everyone hate.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Boomstick is the hottest player in the majors. Very happy the Twins have an option on him for next year too. He's carrying the team right now.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
We must have temporarily bought damaged goods from the Giants with Dyson going on the IL.
Smeltzer called up and hopefully he continues his good rookie season. Cave being called up on the other hand is not quite as exciting.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Dyson arrives at the ballpark in the third inning, gets sent to the pen in the fifth, then gets thrown in there to start the 9th. Welcome!

Still, they're professionals. Making lots of money to throw a ball past other guys. Dyson summed it up perfectly when he said "I didn't do my job".

Good news is, next 10 are at Target....warm up with the lowly Royals, then Atlanta, and then 4 chances to gain ground on the Tribe.

It'll be all right. You'll see.

If we can get 3 of four against the tribe, would love some August breathing room.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
So Dyson has tendonitis in his right biceps, that might explain his struggles. But Smeltzer really came through yesterday....he looks like he has the right stuff.

Big Jake tonight against the Braves, another division leader. Hope the sticks stay hot.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Biggest week of baseball so far this season. Come on Twins!

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Boomstick is the hottest player in the majors. Very happy the Twins have an option on him for next year too. He's carrying the team right now.
I was unaware his contract had a club option for a second year. That is some great news. Looked into it briefly and looks like they would pay him 12 million for next year to keep him which is 2 mill less than this year I believe. Barring injury since he is pretty old, I would say Falvey and Levine can go ahead and plan on picking that baby up the moment they can this off season.

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
How did Buxton get hurt this time?

Arraez looks like a really good player. I like the comparison to Rod Carew when he is batting.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
How did Buxton get hurt this time?

Arraez looks like a really good player. I like the comparison to Rod Carew when he is batting.

How does he always get hurt? Slamming into the wall. This time it sounds bad though. Will miss all of August.

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
How does he always get hurt? Slamming into the wall. This time it sounds bad though. Will miss all of August.

Buxton is so important to this team. He needs to play smarter as although he is very physically gifted...he is also very fragile. Not sure we can win the division without Buxton.

• Agree
Reactions: somecyguy