****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Alex and other insiders seem to think Foster will sign in November. I'll be interested to see if he holds out for a better offer in the spring.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Alex and other insiders seem to think Foster will sign in November. I'll be interested to see if he holds out for a better offer in the spring.
Why? It's not like he can prove anymore at this point. His AAU Days are over and Coach K, and Ol' Roy ain't going to Osky this Winter to watch him play.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Why? It's not like he can prove anymore at this point. His AAU Days are over and Coach K, and Ol' Roy ain't going to Osky this Winter to watch him play.
There's always more options in the spring, depending on what he's looking for. If location isn't an issue, than there's always solid teams looking for a late prospect.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013

Some talk that he could play at Oak Hill this year if I read right. Saw a couple mentions of that. If so, I've got to think he may end up being a Spring signee. If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly he and his father clearly aren't seeing eye-to-eye.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Some talk that he could play at Oak Hill this year if I read right. Saw a couple mentions of that. If so, I've got to think he may end up being a Spring signee. If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly he and his father clearly aren't seeing eye-to-eye.
I thought both he and his dad shot down the Oak Hill rumor? Jamari Sibley on the other hand is going to Oak Hill maybe you got the 2 mixed up?

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

There's something going on with his recruitment. He was supposed to announce a final 3, that passed, and then he was supposed to announce 3-5 teams this weekend. That didn't happen either. Roy has come to Iowa plenty to watch Iowa kids in the winter.

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
There's something going on with his recruitment. He was supposed to announce a final 3, that passed, and then he was supposed to announce 3-5 teams this weekend. That didn't happen either. Roy has come to Iowa plenty to watch Iowa kids in the winter.

Dad is a lot more involved in this recruitment than most people want to deal with. Doesn’t let Xavier do interviews alone or really make his own decisions. He does like Prohm so ISU has that going but his actions and overbearing in Xavier’s recruitment has been...weird..

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Dad is a lot more involved in this recruitment than most people want to deal with. Doesn’t let Xavier do interviews alone or really make his own decisions. He does like Prohm so ISU has that going but his actions and overbearing in Xavier’s recruitment has been...weird..

I don’t know the Fosters at all, but this seems like you are jumping to conclusions. Campbell doesn’t let freshmen be interviewed by reporters, so why is it so strange that the father of a recruit still in high school feels the same way? It seems some are painting Mr. Foster as if he is LaVar Ball, but I haven’t seen anything like that in the interviews I have read. What has been “overbearing”, to use your word? My daughter wanted my help with recruiting, including going on campus visits and meeting with coaches, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t her decision in the end and she didn’t have near the pressure that Xavier most be under.

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
I don’t know the Fosters at all, but this seems like you are jumping to conclusions. Campbell doesn’t let freshmen be interviewed by reporters, so why is it so strange that the father of a recruit still in high school feels the same way? It seems some are painting Mr. Foster as if he is LaVar Ball, but I haven’t seen anything like that in the interviews I have read. What has been “overbearing”, to use your word? My daughter wanted my help with recruiting, including going on campus visits and meeting with coaches, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t her decision in the end and she didn’t have near the pressure that Xavier most be under.

Fair points, All I’m saying is i heard from someone who’s been recruiting b-ball players for a long time that mr Foster is way more involved and overbearing than he needs to be. You can be involved in your child’s college decision, athlete or not, but he’s a bit much.

• Informative
  • Creative
Reactions: isu83 and CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I heard Tom Kakert on the radio today and he says Foster is an Iowa lean and said “the rumor that Xavier’s GF goes to ISU is just a rumor and no one knows that for sure”.
Recent ISU grad here who can confirm that she's not only going to be a cheerleader for ISU, but she's also friends with Halliburton's girlfriend who is also on the cheer team. I also know that they worked at Paddy's together but don't know if either of them still do.

I know I've said this before but I have a buddy who's good friends with Halliburton's girlfriend. She told him that Xavier's girlfriend talked to her about his recruiting process and said he really liked Iowa State and thinks that if he does not get an offer from Kentucky, Duke, or UNC, he's going to choose Iowa State. Now this was a while ago so that could have changed but I was told this after the crystal balls had him going to Iowa.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Fair points, All I’m saying is i heard from someone who’s been recruiting b-ball players for a long time that mr Foster is way more involved and overbearing than he needs to be. You can be involved in your child’s college decision, athlete or not, but he’s a bit much.

Eh I disagree. I have some close friends that go through the recruiting process. Usually the father handles most of it. In Fosters case he is just a high profile kid from Iowa so his dad is commenting more than normal kids from outside the state. I spoke with Fosters dad one night and he seemed like a nice dude who just cares about where his son goes and it'/s exciting for him.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Eh I disagree. I have some close friends that go through the recruiting process. Usually the father handles most of it. In Fosters case he is just a high profile kid from Iowa so his dad is commenting more than normal kids from outside the state. I spoke with Fosters dad one night and he seemed like a nice dude who just cares about where his son goes and it'/s exciting for him.

I think, in most cases, the parents being highly involved takes some of the pressure (or a lot of it) off the kid. Some recruiters might be bitter because of the wall they hit, and that probably leads to some of this whining.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Let's be honest: They'll be let down one of two ways: Either they'll convince themselves that he's going to Iowa, and he won't, or he'll go to Iowa, and Fran will waste his talent in some remarkable way.
Fran has a knack for promising players certain things during the recruitment process. He promised Woodbury he'd start every single game for them once he stepped on campus, even though Woodbury had an offer from UNC and Virginia. From what I heard is that Woodbury got complacent and stopped putting in the work because he knew that he'd continue to start and play.

This is completely different than a coach saying "I can see you being a big contributor for us", or anything along those lines. I was told this was a mutual decision where Woodbury would only go to Iowa if Fran would start him right away.

• Funny
Reactions: BLHawk