Premier League

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Spurs won the Audi Cup today (and the International Champions Cup in 2018)...

The preseason has been a blast, as Spurs youngsters (Skipp, Roles, Tanganga, etc.) have acquitted themselves well against some of the best teams in Europe; hoping we can get a couple more signings completed before the window closes to make Poch happy...

I saw Aston Villa play Minnesota United a couple weeks ago in St. Paul; the new stadium (Allianz) is great - highly recommend the short trip to see a match...

El oh el bragging about friendlies. That’s like bragging about the best record in spring training. Totally a spurs move though.

Reactions: dmg89

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
El oh el bragging about friendlies. That’s like bragging about the best record in spring training. Totally a spurs move though.
Always love the ribbing and the living in the past of Arsenal fans. But the facts are 2019 Hotspur> 2019 Gunners because Joe Lewis>Stan Kroenke.

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Kind of like Everton “winning” the transfer market every year. Sounds good. Results on the field are still lacking though.

Have you been under a rock?

Spurs will not finish above Arsenal this year after the summer signings. Incredible bit of business by Raul Sanhelli.

Enjoy your preseason silverware while you can.

• Funny
Reactions: tim_redd

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Living in the past? Like how the spurs last real trophy came over a decade ago, that past??

There you go again with your favorite refrain, referencing ten years ago - again & again & again; since you don't seem to understand the concept, that's "living in the past"...

Spurs fans aren't talking about the distant past - we had a nice Champions League run early in 2019 (ie - the present) and think the upcoming season (ie - the future) is full of promise, believing we can challenge MC for a PL title...

• Funny

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
There you go again with your favorite refrain, referencing ten years ago - again & again & again; since you don't seem to understand the concept, that's "living in the past"...

Spurs fans aren't talking about the distant past - we had a nice Champions League run early in 2019 (ie - the present) and think the upcoming season (ie - the future) is full of promise, believing we can challenge MC for a PL title...

lol and zero trophies, that’s all the matters. I understand when your team doesn’t win them a lot, it’s somewhat of a hard concept to grasp!

• Disagree
Reactions: ICCYFAN

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
lol and zero trophies, that’s all the matters. I understand when your team doesn’t win them a lot, it’s somewhat of a hard concept to grasp!

I suppose the FA Cup Trophy is a nice consolation prize for teams not burdened with Champions League competitions. Enjoy your non-televised Thursday night Europa matches...

Unai Emery is spending Stan Kronke's money this summer in proper form, buying Walmart quality talent! LOL at how Spurs feinted a move at William Saliba, causing the Gooners to panic, over-pay and then agree to let St. Etienne keep him on loan (like you don't desperately need help in back right now)!!! I do enjoy the stories about how he knew Kylian Mbappe as a youth, like the talent somehow rubbed off on him...

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I suppose the FA Cup Trophy is a nice consolation prize for teams not burdened with Champions League competitions. Enjoy your non-televised Thursday night Europa matches...

Unai Emery is spending Stan Kronke's money this summer in proper form, buying Walmart quality talent! LOL at how Spurs feinted a move at William Saliba, causing the Gooners to panic, over-pay and then agree to let St. Etienne keep him on loan (like you don't desperately need help in back right now)!!! I do enjoy the stories about how he knew Kylian Mbappe as a youth, like the talent somehow rubbed off on him...

You’ll be back to playing on those precious Thursdays soon enough, enjoy it while it lasts. Mind the gap, FIOS.

• Optimistic

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
You’ll be back to playing on those precious Thursdays soon enough, enjoy it while it lasts. Mind the gap, FIOS.

"Forever inhabiting our subconscious"?

Concern is definitely in your mind as this season begins - Arsenal is three years without Champion's League football, three years in Spur's rear-view mirror and most experts don't see that changing this season - I'm sure that stings for a fan base with a sense of entitlement...

The theoretical "market value" of Spurs 25-player squad is significantly higher than that of the Gooners ($1B to $770M), which is the "gap" you should be concerned about in August,2019;

• Funny

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
"Forever inhabiting our subconscious"?

Concern is definitely in your mind as this season begins - Arsenal is three years without Champion's League football, three years in Spur's rear-view mirror and most experts don't see that changing this season - I'm sure that stings for a fan base with a sense of entitlement...

The theoretical "market value" of Spurs 25-player squad is significantly higher than that of the Gooners ($1B to $770M), which is the "gap" you should be concerned about in August,2019;

This is why no one takes spurs fans seriously. #MindTheGap. I’ll put $50 down that Arsenal will be celebrating St. Totteringhams day this year.

• Funny

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I'm somewhat confident in United this year, not sure why. Especially if we end up landing Dybala in a swap for Lukaku as it's been reported as being negotiated, and landing Bruno Fernandes. No way do I think we win the title, but surely will be back in the top 4, baring injuries. Wan Bissaka has been a delight this preseason, and hopefully he stays fit and keeps Ashley Young off the field. Daniel James is showing promise as well. Adding Slabhead in the back is great too - I don't care how much he cost, keeping Smalling and Jones off the field is worth every penny.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Will you take the bet @iccyfan ?
That'd be a negative CyDude16. While I'm confident Spurs will finish above arsenal this season, I make it a habit to decline monetary wagers with anonymous message board denizens, especially those with no substance to their arguments - I can't commit to a season-long dialogue with someone who continually resorts to lame hashtags or acronyms...

• Creative

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
That'd be a negative CyDude16. While I'm confident Spurs will finish above arsenal this season, I make it a habit to decline monetary wagers with anonymous message board denizens, especially those with no substance to their arguments - I can't commit to a season-long dialogue with someone who continually resorts to lame hashtags or acronyms...

Such an unbearable c***. Put up or shut up. Unfortunately you wont do either.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Always love the ribbing and the living in the past of Arsenal fans. But the facts are 2019 Hotspur> 2019 Gunners because Joe Lewis>Stan Kroenke.

maxresdefault.jpg

Has not played a game for Arsenal. Has as many trophies as the Scum in the past ten years.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
We go again! Spuds have made the best moves this window but citeh will be the ones to beat again. Still here ready to go. LFC reds Iowa City will be at 2 Dogs pub at 2:00pm

6 timies smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Deanster

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron