Things really took a turn today in WV

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Just as the WV WBB was getting ready to leave for an overseas trip, Tynese Martin was suspended indefinitely. If this holds throughout the season I'm sure it will have quite an effect on their season as she would have certainly made the preseason 1st team roster in the Big 12.

Texas has also had quite a few players transfer out including 6'7" Sedona Prince who was expected to have a major roll on the team this year. TX still has some good starters in Holmes, Sutton, Collier & Higgs. But may be slightly hurting this year for depth strength.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I didn't mean to imply that a whole herd has just recently left at Texas. It's been over a period of time. Including two very highly touted and talented girls named Rella Boothe and Chastisty Pattereson. I also don't even mean to imply that something is wrong with the program because some have transferred. In this day and age it seems that transferring has become the popular thing to do. A lot of entitled youngsters out there who have been raised to believe they are superstars.

Last edited:

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I didn't mean to imply that a whole herd has just recently left at Texas. It's been over a period of time. Including two very highly touted and talented girls named Rella Boothe and Castisty Pattereson. I also don't even mean to imply that something is wrong with the program because some have transferred. In this day and age it seems that transferring has become the popular thing to do. A lot of entitled youngsters out there who have been raised to believe they are superstars.

Agreed. Add in helicopter parents.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Isnt this the 2nd transfer for Prince @geewago ?

Freshman last year and broke her leg and missed the season. Kind of a bummer for her if she has to sit out for two full years. However, maybe not as Oregon WBB says "Due to NCAA transfer rules, Prince will have to sit out the 2019-20 season with the Ducks. Oregon is exploring a transfer waiver that will allow Prince to play immediately."

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I didn't mean to imply that a whole herd has just recently left at Texas. It's been over a period of time. Including two very highly touted and talented girls named Rella Boothe and Castisty Pattereson. I also don't even mean to imply that something is wrong with the program because some have transferred. In this day and age it seems that transferring has become the popular thing to do. A lot of entitled youngsters out there who have been raised to believe they are superstars.

Not going to feel too bad for Texas. They still have the top rated post from the 2018 class in Collier. They just won't have a Baylor-like dual of Collier plus Prince in a couple of years.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Freshman last year and broke her leg and missed the season. Kind of a bummer for her if she has to sit out for two full years. However, maybe not as Oregon WBB says "Due to NCAA transfer rules, Prince will have to sit out the 2019-20 season with the Ducks. Oregon is exploring a transfer waiver that will allow Prince to play immediately."

I remember now what I was thinking about. She had committed to Texas, then "reopened" her recruitment, and went on visits to ND and UConn, then recommitted to Texas. Honestly, I will puke if she gets the medical waiver she is asking for to play immediately.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I remember now what I was thinking about. She had committed to Texas, then "reopened" her recruitment, and went on visits to ND and UConn, then recommitted to Texas. Honestly, I will puke if she gets the medical waiver she is asking for to play immediately.

Get ready to barf than, the NCAA does weird stuff with these transfers. Seems to depend a LOT on who is asking. Like Sheppard to ND. If she doesn't get this waiver she's sure to get one later for six to play four.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Get ready to barf than, the NCAA does weird stuff with these transfers. Seems to depend a LOT on who is asking. Like Sheppard to ND. If she doesn't get this waiver she's sure to get one later for six to play four.
All coaches are by necessity a bit hypocritical when it comes to transfers but Muffet McGraw takes the cake as far as I am concerned. In practically the same breath as announcing that Sheppard had been given a mysterious waiver for no discernible reason she says that she is against players transferring without sitting out a season.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I'm fine with the six to play four waiver. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has even one medical redshirt year should get a sixth year if they don't complete their eligibility in five.

I think this is fine, but transferring and playing immediately is not okay IMO. If the rules are sit out a year, that's the rule.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
All coaches are by necessity a bit hypocritical when it comes to transfers but Muffet McGraw takes the cake as far as I am concerned. In practically the same breath as announcing that Sheppard had been given a mysterious waiver for no discernible reason she says that she is against players transferring without sitting out a season.

I hope ND never wins another championship. Think the one they got was pseudo bought with JS getting that speedy waiver. Have to be the rudest most elitist wbb fan base I have ever encountered. Probably rivals how stuck up people thought TN fans were at one time.

• Agree
Reactions: SMP05

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I hope ND never wins another championship. Think the one they got was pseudo bought with JS getting that speedy waiver. Have to be the rudest most elitist wbb fan base I have ever encountered. Probably rivals how stuck up people thought TN fans were at one time.
You know who else was part of that arrogant ND WBB program both as a player and an assistant coach?

Reactions: runbikeswim

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Texas takes another hit with Esmery Martinez deciding not to enroll in school. She was rated the # 13 forward in the nation for the 2019 class. Palmer is still in a boot recovering from a foot injury. Not known when she will return. Higgs is recovering from last years torn acl. But according to reports she is looking good. TX is definitely going to need a surprise or two to come off the bench this year or they could have some serious depth issues.

• Informative
Reactions: skibumspe and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
@geewago did you see the article by the NCAA for 9 places to watch WBB? B12 did well with Hilton and the Ferrell Center both repping. Hilton was the only one not to have a team make a final from the list if I remember right. Dang article came out this week and I tried to link it and failed.

• Informative
Reactions: Doc

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
@geewago did you see the article by the NCAA for 9 places to watch WBB? B12 did well with Hilton and the Ferrell Center both repping. Hilton was the only one not to have a team make a final from the list if I remember right. Dang article came out this week and I tried to link it and failed.
Yeah - just type in "9 places to watch WBB ncaa" and give it a read. Very interesting. Quite a bit said about last years NC as well.

Help Support Us

Become a patron