Iowa could be a dog in 5 games this year

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Iowa has really struggled to run the ball under Brian Ferentz and we all know their QB has his limitations. Iowa was very good in the red zone last year but that was largely due to two top 20 draft picks they would just throw it up to in the end zone

I’m still dumbfounded at how rarely those two were on the field at the same time.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Wisky doesn't have a proven QB on their roster I believe, but if someone can step up there and have a decent season, they will be good.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Wisky doesn't have a proven QB on their roster I believe, but if someone can step up there and have a decent season, they will be good.
They shouldn’t have much problem getting someone to step up an be a better QB than Hornibrook

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
How is @dosry5 disagreeing with this?
Nebraskas D last year was brutal.
Because I don’t think they suck? The post didn’t reference last year specifically, and I think plenty of posters on here post with their emotions and not their heads. Nebraska will bowl this year. They’re much better than people think. Hating a team doesn’t make them bad.

• Agree
Reactions: Hawkmi

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Because I don’t think they suck? The post didn’t reference last year specifically, and I think plenty of posters on here post with their emotions and not their heads. Nebraska will bowl this year. They’re much better than people think. Hating a team doesn’t make them bad.

Nebraska's defense is going to suck again this year

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'd say 8 or maybe 9 if they can run the ball well and give Stanley time to throw, but can't tell you which ones. They will win one they shouldn't and lose one they shouldn't and their fans will rant about how GOIOWAAWESOME they are...

If they can keep Stanley away from the pizza ranch buffet and getting greasy hands for the game, they can cut down on his turnovers.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Nebraska's defense is going to suck again this year

This is sorta like the ISU OL. We keep thinking they will get better, and this year does look like the year, but until they can actually dominate the LOS against a upper division team I will wait and see.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If they can keep Stanley away from the pizza ranch buffet and getting greasy hands for the game, they can cut down on his turnovers.

Mmmmmm....turnovers.....
AR-180729818.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Quick hitters, Man. Epenesa, if he remains healthy, is a freak. Good enough to disrupt a passing game by himself unless they are quick slants, etc. I’d like to see the good guys run right at him for positive yards. If we can do that, it’s a good sign. If not...trouble.
If ESPNosa goes down, so goes their defense.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Quick hitters, Man. Epenesa, if he remains healthy, is a freak. Good enough to disrupt a passing game by himself unless they are quick slants, etc. I’d like to see the good guys run right at him for positive yards. If we can do that, it’s a good sign. If not...trouble.

Yeah, he is probably a top 10 pick next year.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

They will bowl this year because they play a dog **** schedule, not because they are going to be a good football team. Nebraska's defense was absolutely horrible last year and that doesn't just change over night.