ISU MBB attendance...

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Lots of big universities not listed. No Texas schools. Yet somehow the Omaha area can have two schools average OVER 15,000 per game.
Lincoln is not in "the Omaha area".

Husker fans love the new arena and somehow still supported the team despite how bad they have been. I expect they will be playing to a crazy full house next year after the coaching change, which I expect will result in a much more enjoyable, capable offensive team.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Dumb question: isn't our attendance only 14,099 because our capacity is just over that?
Virtually all of the Top 20 teams on this list could say the same. Add 2,000 more seats to Allen Fieldhouse and they'd average 1 998 more per game.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
Watching some older clips recently, Hilton has been slacking the last couple of years. Obviously, two years ago was a disaster, but last year was a snoozer in there. Hopefully we can get back to creating all-time moments in that building. We were spoiled in the Hoiberg era.

That has to do with Prohm willing to play slow, grind it out games with the likes of KSU, Texas, Baylor....Gotta play fast, get up and down and get Hilton rockin.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
There's definitely some kind malais or hangover for the last couple of years. I think the high of having the Mayor back in town, playing fast, high-level basketball and having guys like Naz and Georges in the program was an emotional peak. Now we're coming down the emotional mountain a bit. No high lasts forever.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
It's 60 miles away. Many fans traveling to home games would love to be 60 miles away. Two CBB teams less than an hour apart are averaging 30k fans between the two of them in a low population state. That's crazy.
Madison, WI and Milwaukee, WI are 80 miles apart and they are both Top 10. It's really not that weird when both have good arenas to play in.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Madison, WI and Milwaukee, WI are 80 miles apart and they are both Top 10. It's really not that weird when both have good arenas to play in.
I don’t think it has much to do with good arenas as it does good basketball tradition and large metro populations.
Marquette and Wisconsin are pulling from metros of 2.2 million people.
Nebraska and Creighton are pulling from 1.3 million.
And the historical success of Wisconsin and Marquette are light years upon light years ahead of Creighton and Nebraska.
Marquette and Wisconsin have made the Sweet 16 a combined 19 times since Creighton last made it and Nebraska is still looking to just get on the board for winning 1 game.

Reactions: IASTATE07

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
As a side note, Kentucky will be way down the list in future years. The Rupp renovation is eliminating 4,000-6,000 seats to make way for fixed seating and more private boxes. Shame that so many fans will miss out on games because KY got jealous of the Yum Yum center.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
As a side note, Kentucky will be way down the list in future years. The Rupp renovation is eliminating 4,000-6,000 seats to make way for fixed seating and more private boxes. Shame that so many fans will miss out on games because KY got jealous of the Yum Yum center.
You can't make me care.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron