Which player are you most excited to watch this year?

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
If I limit myself to just one player on each side of the ball, Purdy and Eisworth. The Purdy hype is massive, and the offense is his this year with Montgomery and Butler gone. I think Eisworth has AA potential, and wouldn't be surprised to see him garner some national acclaim and possibly leave for the draft after this season

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I'm looking forward to watching the OL and the young CBs. I'm hoping the OL will surprise us and be a strength on offense. The young CBs have a lot of talent, it will be fun to watch them grow.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Ready to see my 3 favorite recruits from 2018 on the field: Zach Petersen, Will McDonald, and Trevor Downing.

Last edited:
Reactions: bozclone

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Scates. He was one of our top rated recruits ever and I'm curious if his potential turns into big plays down field this year.

jrastrel

Apr 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
It's Rose for me. He was so good last year as a freshman and it sounds like he has put on weight. With the great defensive line in front of him, he should be able to make some big strides this season.

On offense, I'm looking forward to seeing the tight ends. I'm really hoping that we get creative and fully utilize the talents of that group.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I can't wait to watch Eisworth wreck offenses this year. He is a heat-seeking missile. Heacock is gonna unleash him, and the consequences will be epic.

Eisworth is my favorite as well.Hard to believe he was just a sophomore last year. He reminds me of Harrison Smith. I think Eisworth could have a tough decision at the end of the season if he enters the draft or comes back for his senior year.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Most excited for Purdy and Rose.

Most interesting to me is Pettway and McDonald.

I'm all-in on Hall taking over at RB, but that's based on absolutely nothing. It's still July, so should be acceptable.

kcbob79clone

I .. can't ... decide!!!

Really hard for just one, or two so I went with four: Returning and newcomer for both offense and defense.

Returning - Offense: Purdy (with honorable mention to Milton)
Returning - Defense: Eisworth (with honorable mention to Rose)

Newcomers - Offense: Scates (with honorable mention to Breece Hall)
Newcomers - Defense: McDonald

Really tough, maybe I have been drinking too much Kool-aid lately :)

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Like others, I'll take Purdy and Rose. Both of those young guys had a great year.
If they can keep getting better, that will mean awesome things for ISU football.

And ISU simply has not had the same QB be a started for anything near multiple seasons in far too long. My hopes are on Purdy to one day be one of the biggest names to ever put on the cardinal and gold!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Like others, I'll take Purdy and Rose. Both of those young guys had a great year.
If they can keep getting better, that will mean awesome things for ISU football.

And ISU simply has not had the same QB be a started for anything near multiple seasons in far too long. My hopes are on Purdy to one day be one of the biggest names to ever put on the cardinal and gold!
Purdy 15.png Rose 23.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I wanted to also honor R Lima 76, M Spears 42, J Knipfel 66. But I got a bit tired, lazy.

I'm excited to watch these 7 dudes as I believe they will be the backbone of our team.

Who else might I be forgetting? J Bailey 3 for sure.

Last edited:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Eisworth is my favorite as well.Hard to believe he was just a sophomore last year. He reminds me of Harrison Smith. I think Eisworth could have a tough decision at the end of the season if he enters the draft or comes back for his senior year.

Harrison Smith is an excellent comp. Savvy, fast, a hitter. If he continues to learn the game he'll make a great pro.