Which player are you most excited to watch this year?

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
Who is the player(s) you are all most excited to see this upcoming season? Whether it be an established player like Bailey who will be setting career records, or a youngster who has barely played thus far, let's talk about the players who everyone is pumped to see this year. I think my answer would be Tarique Milton. It will be interesting to see if he can fill some of the big-play ability we lost with Butler leaving for the NFL.

I know @baller1 is especially excited to see what Assalley is bringing to the table this year.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
There are a ton of players that I’m excited to watch this season. It is hard to narrow it to one that I’m most excited for, but I’m going to cheat and do one offense and one defense. And I’m picking the signal caller of both, Purdy and Rose. We will hopefully avoid any sophomore slump and watch them build off of their rookie performances.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Both of Purdy and Rose. True sophomores are driving force behind what our team's ceiling is this year. It's a testament to the quality of players Campbell has brought in to this program.

• Agree
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'm with you on Milton. I think that kid could make a huge jump this year and really catch people's eye.

Defensive side it is Will McDonald for me, no question. With the small glimpses we got last year, and the hype around his ability and move to a new position I can't wait to see how he develops in that role. Second is Enyi Uwazurike. I know we've seen what he could do, but I felt he got hurt right as he was putting it all together. Hope to see him continue to progress.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Who is the player(s) you are all most excited to see this upcoming season? Whether it be an established player like Bailey who will be setting career records, or a youngster who has barely played thus far, let's talk about the players who everyone is pumped to see this year. I think my answer would be Tarique Milton. It will be interesting to see if he can fill some of the big-play ability we lost with Butler leaving for the NFL.

I know @baller1 is especially excited to see what Assalley is bringing to the table this year.

Will McDonald, and then everyone else close behind.

Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

bherren

Dec 17, 2017
I'm most excited to see the competition at running back unfold. It's felt like forever since we had a running back that wasn't DM, and we have a ton of talent within the 5 guys we have. Which ever one sets themselves apart from the group will be really really good.

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC

If I have to pick one player it has to be Brock Purdy. Of any single player he has the most potential to raise the ceiling this year given his position.

From a position group (exciting is probably the wrong word) the offensive line progress is probably one of the areas I am most interested to see... after Purdy, the OL is probably the next most important area. If we make significant improvement up front this could be a very special year.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
It's freaking amazing how many really good players we have. I am chugging koolaid right now... this season should be special.

Brock Purdy is who I'm most excited to watch individually... but as a group I can't wait to see this wrecking ball of a defense.

CySanka3

Jan 15, 2014
Chicago
La'Michael Pettway - see what kind of roll the transfer can carve out. Think he can be a bully across the middle with his size.

Re-al Mitchell - Also want to see what kind of role the coaches make for him. Too athletic to keep off the field.

Joe Rivera - mostly based off my nervousness and hope the kids ready to go. Didn't like seeing Dunn go down close to the season, field position makes all the difference in close games.