MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
No strop "hat on straight" jokes tonight......the bad days are back again.
Anyone see the Joquin (spelling?) Phoenix Joker trailer.....weird. Weird like I really don't need to see it weird.
David Dejesus has very good posture and good teeth.
Can we get all of Pittsburgh's players for a case of Ben Zobrist's ex-crazy music CD's and cassette tapes and some Binnys! gift cards??? Come on Ricketts....the art of the deal!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have always loved Joe's cerebral personality, even in TB. It's time to move on. Probably a strong look at Girardi.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
And after a managerial performance like tonight, why would you? Jed and Theo may decide to go all in on their manager search.

I'm a bit worried who that may be too. Supposedly they like Girardi who I'm torn on if he'd be a good fit or not because he had practically unlimited financial assets with the Yankee ownership.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
What did Strop do? I assumed we would would skip using him in a close game

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
What is Maddon's major malfunction?

Tonight
Chicago Cubs Lineup:

1. Robel Garcia, 2B
  2. Willson Contreras, C
  3. Kris Bryant, 3B
  4. Anthony Rizzo, 1B
  5. Javy Baez, SS
  6. Jason Heyward, RF
  7. Ian Happ, CF
  8. Kyle Schwarber, LF
  9. Jon Lester, P
https://www.bleachernation.com/2019...-garcia-leadoff-man-extraordinaire-hopefully/

What is his fascination with Contreras coming off injury hitting this high in the order and moving Bryant down?

And with Anderson's reverse splits why hit Schwarbs in front of the pitcher? Lefties only hit .169 off him and Schwarber is right in front of the P. This clearly took some thinking SMH

JFC can we fire him now?!

• Disagree
Reactions: chuckd4735

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames

Tonight
Chicago Cubs Lineup:

1. Robel Garcia, 2B
  2. Willson Contreras, C
  3. Kris Bryant, 3B
  4. Anthony Rizzo, 1B
  5. Javy Baez, SS
  6. Jason Heyward, RF
  7. Ian Happ, CF
  8. Kyle Schwarber, LF
  9. Jon Lester, P
https://www.bleachernation.com/2019...-garcia-leadoff-man-extraordinaire-hopefully/

What is his fascination with Contreras coming off injury hitting this high in the order and moving Bryant down?

And with Anderson's reverse splits why hit Schwarbs in front of the pitcher? Lefties only hit .169 off him and Schwarber is right in front of the P. This clearly took some thinking SMH

This is the type of matchup to start Almora in CF, Bryant in RF and Bote at 3b to get more righties in the lineup given that righties hit .293 off Anderson. But who am I?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Tonight
Chicago Cubs Lineup:

1. Robel Garcia, 2B
  2. Willson Contreras, C
  3. Kris Bryant, 3B
  4. Anthony Rizzo, 1B
  5. Javy Baez, SS
  6. Jason Heyward, RF
  7. Ian Happ, CF
  8. Kyle Schwarber, LF
  9. Jon Lester, P

Good looking leadoff double from Willson

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
For what we are paying Kimbrel...could he pitch two innings? last night and maybe tonight? Good grief. The rest of that bullpen is hot dumpster crap.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Here comes another blown hold from the bullpen, set up by ******* awful bullpen and the fact that the Cubs can't hit lefty's to save their lives. Great.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I have read a lot of baseball history.....guys can pitch more than what they manage now....Lester and Hendricks both should have been given opportunity to finish their games. You can rest in the off-season, when your are hurt, or dead....whichever comes first.

• Winner
Reactions: CYdTracked