OLD MAN GAME: Georges is returning to Iowa, rehashing the crazy 2014-15 season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Thanks to CW and GN for taking the time to do these.

Every time I hear Geroges speak about ISU and the state of Iowa I get the feeling it almost a sure thing Niang will be back in Ames working for the Athletic department once he's done with his pro basketball career.
One of if not the best ambassador of Cyclone Athletics we have (with Hoiberg on temporary hiatus while on Nebby's payroll).

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Thanks to CW and GN for taking the time to do these.

Every time I hear Geroges speak about ISU and the state of Iowa I get the feeling it almost a sure thing Niang will be back in Ames working for the Athletic department once he's done with his pro basketball career.
One of if not the best ambassador of Cyclone Athletics we have (with Hoiberg on temporary hiatus while on Nebby's payroll).

Georges strikes me as more of a media guy, but I would take him as a GA looking to get himself into coaching in a heartbeat. Imagine him as a recruiter.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneSarah

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Georges strikes me as more of a media guy, but I would take him as a GA looking to get himself into coaching in a heartbeat. Imagine him as a recruiter.

In one way or another it's that era of ISU basketball where you had guys that were all about embracing Iowa State itself AND ISU basketball and it's not to say there haven't been others that weren't, but really it's what you need for things to continue to be successful in Ames.

I need to listen to this...I know we as fans blow up the 'behind the scenes' narrative for when things aren't looking good but that 14-15 season sounds interesting on the fringes.

Things like team chemistry, dynamics, momentum etc. are fascinating imo and I'd like to know more in depth aspects of other seasons, including the last two seasons of the Mac era in football.

Reactions: cyclones500

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Georges is awesome.

I'm not really a jersey chaser, but I showed up to a tailgate a year or so back and was told Georges just left. Kinda ruined my day!

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I believe the 14-15 season included the game with the "fish grease" comment. (can't remember the specific game)