Impossible Burger

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
You're assuming calories matter. They don't. Once your body is using fat for fuel, vs carbs, (i.e...in ketosis) the only thing that matters is that you are eating enough fat to produce sufficient energy. Yes...the first time I heard this, I thought it was nuts as it goes against everything we'd heard for the past few decades.

There's no evidence whatsoever that our direct ancestors from the paleolithic age (same genome as ours) ate anything other than big two-handed, juicy, fatty, bloody, cholesterol-stuffed meats, and their health was as perfect as Nature can make it. Source: isotopic analysis of skeletal remains

We are talking parallel to each other at this point, which I recognize but you realize I've heard and read everything you will site on this topic. Based on your responses, you have not on the side I currently fall.

Cholesterol (demonetization and drugs) might be the biggest scam foisted on Americans. But I don't really want to derail this thread. I've said it before but I will never take statin drugs.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Two questions:

1. Where did you learn about this diet, Facebook or Reddit?
2. Are you over the age of 40?

Jordan Peterson is probably the main proponent. He only eats beef, salt, and water. Frankly, it sounds worse than being a vegan.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Classic cap city guy. You do you bud! And for reference I also listen to Rogan, but I also don’t do drugs or sit in sensory deprivation tanks. Guess I’ll have to keep living in the mainstream.

What about my statement was not accurate? The diet advice you advocated throughout the thread is nothing we don't hear on a regular basis.

The problem: It isn't working for people as it can't successfully be followed by the majority. The statistics don't lie. Record obesity, heart issues, type-2 diabetes, depression, anxiety, sleep deprivation, etc. etc. etc.

Vegetarians and especially Vegans, have to supplement to the hill to make up for things their bodies need to be healthy.

Is eating more like our ancestors the answer? Maybe, maybe not. But a lot of anecdotal evidence is suggesting it might be.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The problem: It isn't working for people as it can't successfully be followed by the majority. The statistics don't lie. Record obesity, heart issues, type-2 diabetes, depression, anxiety, sleep deprivation, etc. etc. etc.
Just because people are so accustomed to eating crap and aren't willing to stick to a healthy lifestyle doesn't make it wrong. I don't suffer from any of those things. Crazy.
Vegetarians and especially Vegans, have to supplement to the hill to make up for things their bodies need to be healthy.
I take a B12 supplement once a week. That's it.

• Agree
Reactions: EnkAMania

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
****** joe rogan. heres a diet. eat less exercise more. there u got it

Again…conventional talking point….why isn’t it working? Part of it is because people have heard it so much, it is almost meaningless now.

To the contrary, I eat more and exercise less and am maintaining a weight I haven’t experience since college. I had to almost stop exercising for a time period as I dropped weight because it was almost a chore eating enough to stave off hunger. In about 4 months I naturally leveled off to what I assume is the healthy weight my body was intended to carry. I now exercise again regularly (running/biking) but nowhere as much as I needed to in the past to avoid gaining weight.

Yes….sounds too good to be true, but this is what a lot of people are experiencing. On the other hand, I know a lot of people that are exercising a lot, and still struggling with weight and other health issues.

I do believe now from personal experience that is more 85% what you eat (less so, how much you eat) and 15% how much you move (exercise) .

• Agree
Reactions: ArgentCy

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Again…conventional talking point….why isn’t it working? Part of it is because people have heard it so much, it is almost meaningless now.

To the contrary, I eat more and exercise less and am maintaining a weight I haven’t experience since college. I had to almost stop exercising for a time period as I dropped weight because it was almost a chore eating enough to stave off hunger. In about 4 months I naturally leveled off to what I assume is the healthy weight my body was intended to carry. I now exercise again regularly (running/biking) but nowhere as much as I needed to in the past to avoid gaining weight.

Yes….sounds too good to be true, but this is what a lot of people are experiencing. On the other hand, I know a lot of people that are exercising a lot, and still struggling with weight and other health issues.

I do believe now from personal experience that is more 85% what you eat (less so, how much you eat) and 15% how much you move (exercise) .

hell yeah dog. whatever works for you.

i plan on losing about 40 pounds. (after they cut my diebetic leg) hail sugar!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: capitalcityguy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

If there's one thing medicine has taught us, it's that one person's experience can be applied to everyone else.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Being able to eat a lot of meat and not gain weight doesn't surprise me. On the Voyage of Discovery when food was plentiful the men averaged eating nine pounds of meat a day since hunting and fishing were a huge part of their food procurement. Granted, they were getting a ton of exercise, but NINE POUNDS. It takes a lot of meat to give a body the energy it needs.

• Informative
Reactions: capitalcityguy

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

I don't think exercise is really that healthy. It is taxing on your body. Most studies are now showing some brief exercise regularly is all you need.

And you don't really need to eat healthy. Just don't overeat. The purpose of eating is to get the nutrients your body needs. The rest is just for calories. I eat a lot of crap (yumm fast food) but I take supplements to get some of the nutrients I miss. I don't exercise that much but I like walking and swimming. I would still be considered skinny and weigh about 5-10 lbs more than my college days.

• Dumb
Reactions: 3TrueFans