Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
My time on here might be over. Said bad, but true things about Busch Lite
Well, when lite/light beer is on my agenda, I usually drink Miller Lite. Where does that rank on the awfulness scale? Never mind, I really don't care.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Got my first “dumb” today. All because I prefer not having Trice selling alcohol everywhere. I hardly drink (I struggle finishing a sixer at home in a year), don’t care who does, but prefer to not have to deal with people getting drunk and spilling stuff on me.

That was a big reason we gave up football tickets. Our section just felt more belligerent and drunk every year. I can save a ton watching at home.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Got my first “dumb” today. All because I prefer not having Trice selling alcohol everywhere. I hardly drink (I struggle finishing a sixer at home in a year), don’t care who does, but prefer to not have to deal with people getting drunk and spilling stuff on me.
I don't have the power to "dumb" your posts or you would have gotten one long before this.

tenor.gif

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I like my beer and even I don't want it sold in the general population. People show up drunk enough, they don't need to get drunker.
I don't even like drinking at games so I don't. If I drank like some of these people I would spend the first half needing the bathroom and the second half needing a nap.

I don't know how many times I have seen 3-4 guys smelling of alcohol that will show up right before or after kickoff, spend less than 5 minutes in their seats and all get up and go up towards the restrooms. Then they all come back and 15 minutes later they all get up and do it again.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Not a fan of stadium and arena drunks. Can do without. Was at my first Timberwolves game in years last winter and saw a guy so drunk he had to lean on one of the tall concourse tables just to keep standing. Would have expected it at a NFL game, was a little surprised for NBA.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Not a fan of stadium and arena drunks. Can do without. Was at my first Timberwolves game in years last winter and saw a guy so drunk he had to lean on one of the tall concourse tables just to keep standing. Would have expected it at a NFL game, was a little surprised for NBA.

Sports are just an excuse to drink too much for a whole lot of people.
That's my jaded take these days.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
So I have been working with a software firm trying to. Beta test a new product. Today I felt I had a design and got my rule template written and tested doing certain functions I need. As I was walking out the building a whole new design popped into my head that pretty much uses the exact opposite flow but I think could be more efficient. So tomorrow I have to mull that over.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Daughter got a flat tire. So I go and put on that stupid donut on and bring it home. Not supposed to drive over 35 or so on these. Had a 20-22 mile drive home. Got halfway home and cops pull me over. Got called in for driving low 40s. Apparently driving safe ticks off some people.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I like my beer and even I don't want it sold in the general population. People show up drunk enough, they don't need to get drunker.
I don't even like drinking at games so I don't. If I drank like some of these people I would spend the first half needing the bathroom and the second half needing a nap.

I don't know how many times I have seen 3-4 guys smelling of alcohol that will show up right before or after kickoff, spend less than 5 minutes in their seats and all get up and go up towards the restrooms. Then they all come back and 15 minutes later they all get up and do it again.

When my oldest was about 8 year old. He went with me to a game and this one woman was so drunk it was a chore walking to her seat. With no one to shimmy past. We are sitting in front and all of a sudden she starts to take a header right at my kid. I slam my arm up and am holding her from about crushing my kid. Her friend finally was able to peel her off my arm. A little later she was yaking a few seats down.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
So my nanny/babysitter told me she went "hammocking" last night. I inquired further, and apparently ALL the kids are doing it. She has 3 hammocks personally, that they go to park, listen to music and setup hammocks, sometimes three high.

I love a good hammock, would it be weird for a nearly 40 yr old to show up? :jimlad:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Spent 4 glorious days in northern Wisconsin at my mom's. Fantastic weather (yeah, I know, go **** myself) with sun, highs in the upper 70s, lows at night in the low 50s. Went horseback riding, caught a fish fry (yummo!), took my aunt and cousin to some places of interest, shopped with the vixen, and basically hung out and visited. Can't beat it. Gets to be 5 o'clock somewhere kinda early up North..........:rolleyes:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
So my nanny/babysitter told me she went "hammocking" last night. I inquired further, and apparently ALL the kids are doing it. She has 3 hammocks personally, that they go to park, listen to music and setup hammocks, sometimes three high.

I love a good hammock, would it be weird for a nearly 40 yr old to show up? :jimlad:
Not if you bring wine coolers

• Friendly
Reactions: CycoCyclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wondering if it's possible that I have won the war against the magnolia scale scourge. Been fighting scale infestations (bad ones) on my magnolia tree for years. Did an annual Safari systemic drench each year that would knock it back some but never kill it all. Couple years ago I hired Davey Tree to do the Safari and last year they followed up with some toxic spray after the Safari didn't work that great. This spring I sprayed some dormant horticultural oil to suffocate them in their crawler stage and Davey followed with the Safari. First year in like forever I see no scale sucking the life out of the tree and pooping their sticky "honeydew" all over everything. Wondering what did the trick, the oil, spray or that in combo with some cold weather this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.