***Official Y Cap City Thread***

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If Jacobson increases his three point percentage, it isn't crazy to think. He would be a threat in the pick and pop and he gets a lot of garbage points. I would not be surprised if he averages 14-16 points. This is going to be a team of balance now that we don't have players who need the ball like shayok and wigginton.

He averages 11 last year and he was poor 3 point shorter. Averaging another 5 points isn't a ton if that percentage increases a bit.
Mike shot 34% last year which isn't that poor for a big man. If he's better than that this year I'd be very happy!

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Did anyone else think it seemed like Lewis was taking a lot fewer threes towards the end of the CCL season? I kind of wonder if the coaching staff wanted him to focus on his drive and finishing game this summer. Then again, I might be completely wrong and there wasn't any difference in his three point attempts.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
Couple odds and ends:
- Tre Jackson, assuming his game translates to the Big 12, will be an all-time fan favorite. Can do some flashy things with the ball, shoot it really well, and is a super nice and engaging guy. I heard him asking a little kid who was getting is autograph what grade he was in, etc. Love it when the guys embrace being ambassadors for ISU.
- I have on good authority that the short, blond ref is actually a high school cross country coach. What the heck does he know about basketball?!?!? I kid -- the refs do their best. TJ is the dark haired one mentioned earlier that does tons of games. Last week there was a reddish hair guy who is actually on track to be an NBA/G-League level ref. Red-haired guy is the one who ran Malachi out of his playoff game with two technicals.
- This year's guys were much more into the games than some years. Bolton is a talker and Conditt loves to be in the middle of the trash talking too. Lewis seems to be a frequent target but mixes it up as well.

Reactions: Statefan10

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If Jacobson increases his three point percentage, it isn't crazy to think. He would be a threat in the pick and pop and he gets a lot of garbage points. I would not be surprised if he averages 14-16 points. This is going to be a team of balance now that we don't have players who need the ball like shayok and wigginton.

He averages 11 last year and he was poor 3 point shorter. Averaging another 5 points isn't a ton if that percentage increases a bit.

He also has a really nice short post game.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Heres my overall assessment after seeing 3 or so nights of games.

Tre Jackson will play and play a lot. We need a shooter like him. I think he is the 6th man this year if Bolton plays. Had a huge blister on his left hand last night and still played great! Dude has great vision and cannot wait to see him after playing with the same guys for awhile.

Bolton needs to play the 2. He or Jacobson will be our leading scorer this year. He can score but I think he will make a lot of bone head plays. Appears to be a very emotional player.

Jacobson will have a much better 3 point percentage this year. His 3 point shot no longer has that hitch in it like it did last year. It is a smooth stroke now. His free throw still has the hitch.

Solomon will be Solomon. He will be our best overall post defender.

Conditt will take a huge step forward. Look for him to get some national recognition like Haliburton did last year.

Leech is my wildcard. I think he is going to be a phenomenal player at some point. Hopefully this year.

Luke Anderson will not play much this year but he has a lot of ability. In the one game I saw of him, his game reminds me a lot of niang.

Caleb Grill will play a little if he proves to be an great defender. Otherwise, he won't play much at all.

Javan Johnson will be a great role player down the road. He reminds me of Clyburn without the it factor.

Terrence Lewis is another wildcard. Looked lazy last night and I think other players got into his head some. He has all the tools to be great, he just needs to use his head.

Nixon will play and do the things you need a senior guard to do in order to win. I think the ccl doesn't show his true abilities. I think he will get us a road win or two we weren't expecting.

Zion Griffin will make an impact this year. I think his shot has improved and he appears to just be too talented to keep off the floor. He will play the four in small ball and really spread the court.

Haliburton will be first time all big 12 at pg. Calling my shot here.

I will add, I will be disappointed if Prohm has a rotation of 7 players this year. It needs to be 8. I think this team has the potential to be his best team yet.

BUMP.

So much gold in this post. Happy CCL scouting everybody!!

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
I feel like now would be a better time than ever to want to compete in the Capital City League. They can sell their autographs and merchandise after games lol
Seriously.

Interacting with the fans is what helped Georges "build his brand" so to speak. Definitely seems like there could be some NIL opportunities associated with being around fans several times during the summer but I sure don't claim to know what the rules actually allow - if there even are any rules.

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron