***Official Y Cap City Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
His shot and form is just so smooth and effortless. Very Steph/Trae Young-esque (without the gross looking part).
Just watching his videos and I was thinking his release looked a lot like Trae's. I think he is going to be the surprise of the class. Like a like of people have said, I know it is only Cap City, but it is easy to see the kid can shoot the hell out of it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I feel like Solomon is an unknown. He's been solid but not like a top 10 post or anything

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
For anyone that thinks these games don't matter to these guys, you all should have been there last night. There were a lot of heated moments, especially out of Jacobson and Lewis. Bolton was also very upset to lose. George had a scary moment where he landed hard but it didn't slow him down after walking it off.

I loved seeing that competitive fire.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
For anyone that thinks these games don't matter to these guys, you all should have been there last night. There were a lot of heated moments, especially out of Jacobson and Lewis. Bolton was also very upset to lose. George had a scary moment where he landed hard but it didn't slow him down after walking it off.

It is fun to see all of the players joking around and getting along. But last night they were all kind of crabby ;). I didn’t see what got Lewis and Mike worked up but they were sure going at it.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
It is fun to see all of the players joking around and getting along. But last night they were all kind of crabby ;). I didn’t see what got Lewis and Mike worked up but they were sure going at it.
I'm not positive but I think it started between Mike and Reed Mells who played on T-Lew's team during a timeout. Then Lewis got involved after the timeout ended.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

They play harder than people think they do just from watching highlights. Rasir Bolton got a technical, Mike had a bad foul called on him late and took himself out of the game and walked by the ref and said, “that’s f****** bullsh** dude.”

Reactions: isutrevman

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I think I could score 63 points off that olé interior defense and that sagging perimeter defense. Of course, I'd need 163 shots to do it and no game clock, but I could do it ... eventually.
If you could 63, I’m surprised all the other players don’t. Obviously 63 is inflated because it’s the summer league but it’s still impressive.

• Winner

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
They play harder than people think they do just from watching highlights. Rasir Bolton got a technical, Mike had a bad foul called on him late and took himself out of the game and walked by the ref and said, “that’s f****** bullsh** dude.”

Jacobson may not look like it but he is a bulldog on the basketball court. Probably my favorite player this year.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Jacobson may not look like it but he is a bulldog on the basketball court. Probably my favorite player this year.
Last year's game against Iowa was where I REALLY became a big fan of his! His reaction (i.e. "not backing down") to the classless play of Pencilhead and The Entitled One was priceless!

• Agree

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If you could 63, I’m surprised all the other players don’t. Obviously 63 is inflated because it’s the summer league but it’s still impressive.

It’s impressive no matter what. But he did it on so few shots.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Lewis has to be the all-time CCL player.

I hope he puts it together when it matters.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

The little blonde ref was annoying last night I didn’t recognize him from other days, but he’s probably been there every week ;)