Reclassifying 4A football

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This is a important point as the Waukee district has quite a large number of students who live in West Des Moines.

Waukee has nothing but open space in every direction except east to grow in to and annex. It could be an interesting race between Ankeny and Waukee to see who can surpass Cedar Rapids and become the 2nd largest city in the state.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Remember that school district boundaries are not the same as city boundaries.

That's not what was being talked about in my post, or the one that I quoted.

It was about relegation (i.e., moving down a class) bringing an end to rivalry games. This is not true. The Waterloo schools are in different classes for football, but play each other. Heelan and SB-Luton are 3A, but play the 4A Sioux City public schools.

As long as there are 6 or 7 teams per football district (not per school district), there are plenty of opportunities for teams who have had longstanding rivalries to continue those rivalries.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
I attended a parochial school and we played 4A schedules in FB and won majority of our games, despite being 2x-3x smaller in enrollment. And years and years later it's still happening.

The myth? All parochial students come from these affluent, advantaged families. Hardly in some cases. Many parents struggle mightily financially, sending their kids to a parochial school. Many kids are legacies, and not 'recruited' for sports programs.

Several public schools in our area are littered with affluent families. "Culture", discipline, commitment are several factors as to why parochial schools succeed in sports and academics.

Oh, and parochial families who are homeowners not only pay tuition, but pay property taxes that subsidizes public schools.. >>> #double-dipped...

So much needless butthurt and jealousy out there.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Xaviers a bunch of ******* for that. Considering how much they recruit for fball

Recruit my ass. Where do you people get off on this sh#t?

Xavier has excelled in EVERY sport for 20 years. It's the culture. coaching, academics.
~ State titles in FB, Boys b-ball, girls B-ball, cross country, track, multiple soccer titles, golf, baseball, tennis, etc......

from an article:

"The Davenport public schools (West, North and Central) have played suburban schools Bettendorf and Pleasant Valley and parochial school Davenport Assumption 65 times with a record of 1-64"

Guess what?

We can't help if public schools like Davenport West & Central suck in football, despite being over DOUBLE the size of Xavier

We can't help if they have sh#t academics, coaching, etc.

Instead of the butthurt toward Xavier, with 499 students, direct your focus on your favorite public school, and try to make them not suck so much

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Xavier has excelled in EVERY sport for 20 years. It's the culture. coaching, academics.
~ State titles in FB, Boys b-ball, girls B-ball, cross country, track, multiple soccer titles, golf, baseball, tennis, etc......

from an article:

"The Davenport public schools (West, North and Central) have played suburban schools Bettendorf and Pleasant Valley and parochial school Davenport Assumption 65 times with a record of 1-64"

Guess what?

We can't help if public schools like Davenport West & Central suck in football, despite being over DOUBLE the size of Xavier

Instead of the butthurt toward Xavier, with 499 students, direct your focus on your favorite public school, and try to make them not suck so much

Wow bro. Really cool that you’re still reppin’ so hard for your HS. Lol.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston

from an article:

Guess what?

My sister played Xavier at state in soccer years ago. Your attitude is what I witnessed in the stands. Foul language and not great sportmanship.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Xavier was easily the biggest group of douchebags I played against in high school in baseball football and tennis

My sister played Xavier at state in soccer years ago. Your attitude is what I witnessed in the stands. Foul language and not great sportmanship.

Everyone hates a winner.

The recruiting excuse is funny too... about as idiotic as claiming public schools are recruiting catholic kids away from parochial schools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Everyone hates a winner. The butthurt is hilarious.

The recruiting excuse is funny too... about as idiotic as claiming public schools are recruiting catholic kids away from parochial schools.

So which sports did you play, sparky?

Last edited by a moderator:

sadam

Jan 8, 2014

from an article:

Guess what?

Wow that statistic is sad

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

from an article:

Guess what?

This is rant worthy post of the year. Do you still own a Xavier lettermen jacket?

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
The IHSAA member fee for schools is $0, down from $2/year for the previous 100+ years.
Plus IHSAA allows the IGHSAU to use it's databases and archive (Unless the IGHSAU has created this in the past three years) at no cost. While not a perfect organization, obviously- the IHSAA also provides free PD and student service work to Iowa students and educatiors.

Reactions: beentherebefore

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
I attended a parochial school and we played 4A schedules in FB and won majority of our games, despite being 2x-3x smaller in enrollment. And years and years later it's still happening.

The myth? All parochial students come from these affluent, advantaged families. Hardly in some cases. Many parents struggle mightily financially, sending their kids to a parochial school. Many kids are legacies, and not 'recruited' for sports programs.

Several public schools in our area are littered with affluent families. "Culture", discipline, commitment are several factors as to why parochial schools succeed in sports and academics.

Oh, and parochial families who are homeowners not only pay tuition, but pay property taxes that subsidizes public schools.. >>> #double-dipped...

So much needless butthurt and jealousy out there.

sir take ur letter man jacket and ur class ring and ur photo of ron paul to the cave for the policitical talks.

Reactions: Macloney

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I forgot about saydel. Also did not realize how small Ames footprint was.

That map really shows the emptying of large swaths of Iowa.

Probably going to have to bring in Huxley and Gilbert to the convo for future suburban league expansion.