New Jay & Silent Bob movie

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Is Jay the same guy as last time? It looks like a different person, but it's been a while since I've watched the original.

Loved the movie back in college, not sure if I will like it this time. I'd check it out though.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Is Jay the same guy as last time? It looks like a different person, but it's been a while since I've watched the original.

Loved the movie back in college, not sure if I will like it this time. I'd check it out though.

Same guy, just about 20-25 years older. Kevin Smith looks like he's dropped a fair amount of weight as well. Didn't he have a pretty serious health scare not too long ago?

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm in for this. Clerks 2 was the first one I saw then watched the back catolog. Obviously went down a bit but looks decent. Looks like a lot of good names attached to it that I like

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm in for this. Clerks 2 was the first one I saw then watched the back catolog. Obviously went down a bit but looks decent. Looks like a lot of good names attached to it that I like

For me, Mallrats is the gold standard for Kevin Smith movies. I appreciate Clerks and Clerks 2. Dogma is underrated. Chasing Amy I just never really got into, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was hot garbage.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
For me, Mallrats is the gold standard for Kevin Smith movies. I appreciate Clerks and Clerks 2. Dogma is underrated. Chasing Amy I just never really got into, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was hot garbage.

1)clerks
Close 2) mallrats
3) clerks 2
4) chasing Amy
5)dogma

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Same guy, just about 20-25 years older. Kevin Smith looks like he's dropped a fair amount of weight as well. Didn't he have a pretty serious health scare not too long ago?

Yea he survived a widow maker heartattack. Right after that he went on a diet and has lost tons of weight. Barely looks like him now a days.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'll go to it. It doesn't look great, but it's not like any of his movies are high art. It's amazing how he gets all these people to be in his movies.

Mallrats
Dogma
Clerks
Chasing Amy
Zack and Miri

I still haven't seen Tusk or Yoga Hosers.

On a side note, I dont know if any of you listen to his Fatman on Batman podcasts, but apparently he and Marc Bernardin are working on some TV series that they are really pumped about.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Same guy, he was really messed up for a while, but got clean for the last few years at least.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
FzJ5ahq.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron