The FAWcast run has ended

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Bittersweet deal for me. Was a great run and I appreciate Mark's friendship and support of CF but it's time to move on. People evolve over the years. Things change. Mark has goals of his own and with a second kid coming in a few weeks, I'm more focused on being a great dad/father than ever before, along with putting the rest of my energy into growing CF and KXnO. Nothing contentious about the end of this but I'm excited about what I will be able to put that 3-4 hours a week on Thursday towards going forward. Thanks to all who listened over the years.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
really going to miss the FAWCAST. i thought it really complimented the rest of the content CF put out. not everything needs to be super in depth sports related. a few of the recent episodes where definitely not kid friendly. wonder if that had anything do do with its sudden ending?

Had nothing to do with it. The FAW has never been kid friendly and I like to think we were pretty open about that.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Bummer. I only started listening recently but definitely looked forward to it every week. Does anyone know if the old episodes still stand up or is there a lot of current event talk that wouldn't be relevant now?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Too bad it's ending but you can't force something that doesn't want to be there. Good show and I also hope they do a finale podcast.

I remember a couple years ago Mark was thinking of stopping then decided to double down and donate even more to CF.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Bummer. I only started listening recently but definitely looked forward to it every week. Does anyone know if the old episodes still stand up or is there a lot of current event talk that wouldn't be relevant now?

I would say give it a go. I didn't start on it for about a year and a half into it and eventually went back and started from the beginning and it holds up for the most part, as much as it can being current event/sports related.

I always thought it was better in the off season anyways as I like off topic random chat podcasts, it's just nice to hear from the stance of someone like you (middle America Iowa state fan, middle aged).

I know some don't like Charter but I thought he was great, like LeBatard at ESPN, in on the joke that it's not really a sports show and shouldn't be taken overly serious.

Glad CW can spend some more time with his family and passions though. Although he name dropped KXNO so are we second fiddle now? :jimlad:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I would say give it a go. I didn't start on it for about a year and a half into it and eventually went back and started from the beginning and it holds up for the most part, as much as it can being current event/sports related.

I always thought it was better in the off season anyways as I like off topic random chat podcasts, it's just nice to hear from the stance of someone like you (middle America Iowa state fan, middle aged).

I know some don't like Charter but I thought he was great, like LeBatard at ESPN, in on the joke that it's not really a sports show and shouldn't be taken overly serious.

Glad CW can spend some more time with his family and passions though. Although he name dropped KXNO so are we second fiddle now? :jimlad:

Haha no chance. CF is basically family. Lifestyle, not a job. And I mean that

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Pretty obvious that Williams needs to squeeze some more time into his work week with kid 2 dropping right before football season. FAWcast was fun, but non essential to what CF is. Makes sense to me.

Cyguy1984

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 1, 2018
"And just like that, as mysteriously as he arrived, he was gone."

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1squvmr

Won’t miss it. Listen to the first couple. Couldn’t handle Charter’s narcissistic stream of consciousness. Seemed like he never matured.

Appreciate d his support but sure didn’t want to listen to what he paid for.

Of course I come for content, not what he wanted to talk about.

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
Bittersweet deal for me. Was a great run and I appreciate Mark's friendship and support of CF but it's time to move on. People evolve over the years. Things change. Mark has goals of his own and with a second kid coming in a few weeks, I'm more focused on being a great dad/father than ever before, along with putting the rest of my energy into growing CF and KXnO. Nothing contentious about the end of this but I'm excited about what I will be able to put that 3-4 hours a week on Thursday towards going forward. Thanks to all who listened over the years.
I really like the show CW. I really thought the Mark was a great center piece of conversation and entertainment, then having KK on giving the woman's perspective was fun to! Hope Charter has plans to do his shown like he has been doing on FAW, I'd listen to it.

Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron