Top Golf metro rumors

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
How is this more of less attractive than just going to a driving range? Just the ability to do it in the Winter?
I'm sure some people use Top Golf as a range if it's the most convenient, but that's not what it's for. It's an entertainment activity for friends or groups of people, it's like bowling except not all white trashy and depressing.

For a golfer actually practicing it's not more attractive than an actual range except in the winter maybe. Hitting off mats kinda sucks and the balls aren't normal balls because they have to be able to be tracked by the system so they feel kinda weird.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
It’s a great time. One of the best possible company outings you can do. Booze, good food, light hearted golf games, and you’re in & out within 2-3 hours max.

This will be a great addition to the metro area and will be packed all spring/summer long.

Reactions: Javinegli

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I went to a top golf in texas during the middle of the day once and it was completely filled with old people playing league. (1 hour wait) Think of a bowling league, but just golf.

also Top Golf is known for company parties etc. it will be successful. like I said earlier, i just wish it was in Altoona by Bass, mall and adventureland.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I went to a top golf in texas during the middle of the day once and it was completely filled with old people playing league. (1 hour wait) Think of a bowling league, but just golf.

also Top Golf is known for company parties etc. it will be successful. like I said earlier, i just wish it was in Altoona by Bass, mall and adventureland.

You kind of see the theme going on here right?

Altoona: bass pro shop, outlet mall, Adventureland

Waukee/Dallas County west side: Jordan creek, imax, top golf

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
You kind of see the theme going on here right?

Altoona: bass pro shop, outlet mall, Adventureland

Waukee/Dallas County west side: Jordan creek, imax, top golf

Would throw Prairie meadows on that list also. Just thought it would have been cool to drive along the interstate in Altoona, and see the top golf complex, Prairie Meadows and adventureland, Bass Pro and new mall in the same area. Not that its cool, but a massive facebook setup on the other side of the interstate. Would have been a wow factor with all that together.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I love Johnston. That was my last city of residence in Iowa. It’s definitely the highest class suburb of DSM. I liked how they kept out the BS crowd pulling stuff.
They have started building a lot of condos and apartments in Johnston. Still a great town but I wish they would focus on single family homes instead. Nothing better then drinking Busch Light while Blackhawks do a fly by.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They've started hanging the nets at the Top Golf they are building in Omaha. Those columns are pretty huge when you drive by.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
A friend of mine is connected to someone in the know and from what she told me it won't be a Top Golf. It sounds like it something similar but the last time we discussed it she said that Top Golf was definitely nothing more than a rumor.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
I heard a rumor about 3 months ago about top golf looking at a retrofit of Valley West Mall. Didn't know about this Waukee rumor at the time. Honestly I think the Waukee location makes more sense, but I guess Valley West Mall would be more central to the metro. Also not sure of the validity of said rumor in general.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I heard a rumor about 3 months ago about top golf looking at a retrofit of Valley West Mall. Didn't know about this Waukee rumor at the time. Honestly I think the Waukee location makes more sense, but I guess Valley West Mall would be more central to the metro. Also not sure of the validity of said rumor in general.

Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron