****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Okay, a one day ban for the next bozo who mentions Chip and Joana ;) in our recruiting thread.

tenor.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I believe. Just an odd thing regarding a 4 star.

Why would it be like that?

Some worries about grades, discipline, or injury? I have not heard anything like that.

I doubt he is somehow "under the radar."

Maybe just such a strong ISU lean that nobody else is going to bother?

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Wow that’s kind of surprising. Hmmm next guy I guess
I think it was CW on Twitter said a couple weeks ago that although Stute is from Minnesota originally, it would be tough to get him away from the east coast now that he's in DC for high school.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

Some worries about grades, discipline, or injury? I have not heard anything like that.

I don't know the answer, but I would imagine him moving schools could've played into him missing evaluation periods? I am not certain why he doesn't have a large offer list, but there is still plenty of time lol

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Yeah. I am no expert on recruiting but I follow. Just kind of an interesting scenario that is often not seen.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Rob Howe was able to talk to Xavier's Dad today... doesn't sound like the family had any plans of releasing a top 3 soon as was reported by Bain.

"If you’re a parent, you know that sometimes you’re among the last to know. DaJuan Foster can relate.
The father of highly-regarded 2020 in-state recruit Xavier Foster was caught off guard when his son told the Des Moines Register earlier this month that he was preparing to trim his list of prospective schools to three.
“I was as shocked as everyone else,” DaJuan said.
“I don’t know what his top schools are. Like I said, we never discussed it in depth. We had a quick conversation and then I’m reading in the Des Moines Register that he had a Top 3,” DaJuan said.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/recruiting/xavier-foster-family-handling-pressure-of-process