Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I watched the first episode, about the Apollo program. I vividly remember watching them land on the moon.....I had hoped they would land on my birthday (which as a matter of fact is today), but it was three days later on July 20. Nonetheless a fantastic moment in our history.
Happy Birthday SCyclone !

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm trying to not be super judgmental and realize everyone is different with parenting and my way isn't the only way..........new baby's parents making it hard. My mom is venting to me on it and I nicely try to give the benefit of the doubt but man......

SIL came up for a couple hours on Sunday to see the baby, neither parent came up Monday (this text flurry was my mom annoyed that she went over and mowed/yardwork for the parents and SIL had gone shopping - for groceries I believe). Think I talked her down pointing out that SIL had been stuck in the hospital, maybe wanted free time, maybe needed groceries, with vision issue, maybe couldn't drive up alone (brother couldn't go - partially due to his own poor choices and I did mention that so mom could judge him too!)

Well then yesterday mom was telling me how the big hurdle is baby needs to feed for 48 hours on her own. I had said this would be a bigger hurdle than the parents realized because she'll be sleepy/poor suckle reflex/wear out easily. Getting off oxygen was easier, imo, though it sounds more impressive.
So SIL went up yesterday (drove alone so that shot my inability to drive theory down) AM to feed baby. Well, baby didn't eat long and fell asleep (did I call it? I called it). So SIL came home to do an event at a local fair. Harder time talking mom down on that one. And honestly, harder time not feeling judgmental on that too. Both my mom and I are the types that we would be living in that NICU. Or the local Ronald McDonald. Or with me who has offered multiple times that they can stay here to be closer. Or the hotels that the other grandma has offered. It's hard to think about niece being left with nurses and likely not getting near the cuddle time that she needs - and nurses are still not a substitute for mom and dad.

Then there's the whole hypocrisy of my brother not wanting actual daycare because "someone else raising his kid" (probably a shot at me) and then here he hasn't even seen his child since at least Saturday. :rolleyes:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I watched the first episode, about the Apollo program. I vividly remember watching them land on the moon.....I had hoped they would land on my birthday (which as a matter of fact is today), but it was three days later on July 20. Nonetheless a fantastic moment in our history.

Happy Birthday!

• Friendly

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I'm trying to not be super judgmental and realize everyone is different with parenting and my way isn't the only way..........new baby's parents making it hard. My mom is venting to me on it and I nicely try to give the benefit of the doubt but man......

SIL came up for a couple hours on Sunday to see the baby, neither parent came up Monday (this text flurry was my mom annoyed that she went over and mowed/yardwork for the parents and SIL had gone shopping - for groceries I believe). Think I talked her down pointing out that SIL had been stuck in the hospital, maybe wanted free time, maybe needed groceries, with vision issue, maybe couldn't drive up alone (brother couldn't go - partially due to his own poor choices and I did mention that so mom could judge him too!)

Well then yesterday mom was telling me how the big hurdle is baby needs to feed for 48 hours on her own. I had said this would be a bigger hurdle than the parents realized because she'll be sleepy/poor suckle reflex/wear out easily. Getting off oxygen was easier, imo, though it sounds more impressive.
So SIL went up yesterday (drove alone so that shot my inability to drive theory down) AM to feed baby. Well, baby didn't eat long and fell asleep (did I call it? I called it). So SIL came home to do an event at a local fair. Harder time talking mom down on that one. And honestly, harder time not feeling judgmental on that too. Both my mom and I are the types that we would be living in that NICU. Or the local Ronald McDonald. Or with me who has offered multiple times that they can stay here to be closer. Or the hotels that the other grandma has offered. It's hard to think about niece being left with nurses and likely not getting near the cuddle time that she needs - and nurses are still not a substitute for mom and dad.

Then there's the whole hypocrisy of my brother not wanting actual daycare because "someone else raising his kid" (probably a shot at me) and then here he hasn't even seen his child since at least Saturday. :rolleyes:

So many Hugs for you and I wish your niece. It's so hard to understand why they aren't there. I'd be in the NICU too, but I can also seeing issues if both HAD jobs that wouldn't give them leave or something... sigh

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
So many Hugs for you and I wish your niece. It's so hard to understand why they aren't there. I'd be in the NICU too, but I can also seeing issues if both HAD jobs that wouldn't give them leave or something... sigh

This is SIL's maternity leave time. I don't think she gets much as some got used pre-baby. I get that some fieldwork can't wait and my brother has to be home BUT he also refuses to talk to my other brother about when he needs help so he ended up needing to be at the farm a couple days that other brother could have been there because of his own refusal to communicate like an adult.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Am I reading this correctly?
The baby is in NICU and the father hasn't been there since Saturday?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
So I watered my lawn for about an hour this morning ... I think I made it rain.

You're welcome. ;)
It poured here Tuesday morning for about an hour and lightly rained about 1-2 hours past that. I'm at the point now where I would rather my yard just go dormant.
Of course there are enough weeds to still need to mow.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: khardbored

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Am I reading this correctly?
The baby is in NICU and the father hasn't been there since Saturday?

Correct. It's possible he was there Sunday but I don't believe so because SIL didn't go up until late that day and she went with her mom. Cattle got out - they planned to go originally and then that happened and they were still chasing them in the evening.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Speaking of cousins. How wide is the age range for most. My oldest cousin is around 75 and my youngest is roughly 35 I have cousins whose kids are quite a bit older than me. There are roughly 30 of us one the one side of my family. My kids have cousins that are 42 down to my youngest of 12 and my youngest is also younger than one of his cousin's kids and there are only 7 on my side for them.
My parents are both from big families. My dad is one of 13, and my mom one of 11. I have six cousins that are older than my youngest aunt and uncle on my dad's side. Some of my cousins I don't even know, because they were born after I left for the military. 89 total IIRC.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Didn't rain anymore last night but dew point was still jacked up there this morning. Failed effort to photo DEW POINT on my glass railing.

TrUQZ2COltJ0wGaD7LJeWe9a0WpuBwPZ5LRUnLRvh3_qeedgp65-tk1iRuXKO8BXGdB96jVKUL2NLgvGi0j_GSkOQzecaqqwIp9KkgRR981FhhhcpByeAKxnsM8NLq1nw6A5tZ0gQHh7CpPVvAsYjMDa9E1ne2cbFw4GFiNRQ17qaHJSRgvC28YmKr9zubMJNucdnt_BckCNL57NckPyvryjUt7B_RgfJii7eytRKQKhsqtrJHZTJJPnggLNeLFJ0uwhAO6L_w-CE436FN7v44EshEAxlIeZAVOtGHS2PEyqzz8qcbtuyLcTTqbbesZFQ9sxjuU2SohXrYdUnYmRGu7vxgMGMlux2NkK0hmkYdSXINB5d7gc9aFeU-TQTwCLiDjOzGsynrnB556KgHTDl_HFR07ZGfHTQVdZK0tShQOipZt9yxcaPcCsIEpa1zC5FfHVR0Bs-FNgTYgykVh1bqXu_OJ0DLgmHOs0flBKgZlnTRYCbXsZ1EVtWdw4-Xrr371k2puVmeUZvNboCodOv9AXWKzuLxR1pyxcgtqph6IBNbBgOxEjq2LLQNPVuNr7Vn2vhfJObJ8G-eBCMA3WgkDGTix0-x2y-0EU9cJDiNt9MfOS8-jfJrVeU_5w9bDKgw2NzVA5ytGnVECJWwYUbZTfk4ncRL0=w352-h625-no

• Informative

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Rained hard here this morning - at least an inch, probably more. Won't know until I get home and see the gauge. The vixen took me for lunch at our favorite Mexican place (Hacienda Vieja), and of course they brought the obligatory ice cream afterwards. Several employees sang to me (in Spanish), while putting one of those great big glitzy sombreros on my head. (The vixen has photographic evidence.)

Good times!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
And now the sun is coming out, will probably be unbearable soon. Dew point is approaching 70, and with all this rain sitting around, you can likely scoop a glassful right out of the air. :eek:

EDIT: Just checked, the dew point is right at 70. Humidity is only 72%, but I would imagine that will be changing fairly soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron