New Uniforms Revealed

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Doubt it's a "variant". Notice the number font has changed too. Bolder than last year's. Closer to the font on the Rhoads-era jerseys. Guessing the white & black will have the same change.

Wondering if they've rounded off the sharp edges on some of the other numbers (see the 2 on this year's FB poster.)

I'm disappointed the black collar is gone. When the leak appeared I was aghast, but after seeing them on the field, I think the collar added a nice little pop to the whole set.

Plus, it was a nice homage to Cy.
Not a new font. The font for numbers has been the exact same since 2007. Some are bold, some are a bit 'stretched' but it is the same font, i.e. the 'Cyclone' (I-State) typeface that was introduced with the I-State logo and used for basically all jerseys in all sports.

• Informative
Reactions: KKramer

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Why did they have Stanley with his face shield on his helmet during a photo shoot. I realize they can photo shop it, but still. Looked kinda dumb...

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Not a new font. The font for numbers has been the exact same since 2007. Some are bold, some are a bit 'stretched' but it is the same font, i.e. the 'Cyclone' (I-State) typeface that was introduced with the I-State logo and used for basically all jerseys in all sports.

isuuu-01.png

Here are the numbers from the last 3 seasons as well as the trademarked font used by ISU. It's pretty obvious to me (a professional graphic designer) that they tweaked the numbers for the 2018 season. Look at the angles I've circled plus the gap in the bottom of the 5.

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016
isuuu-01.png

Here are the numbers from the last 3 seasons as well as the trademarked font used by ISU. It's pretty obvious to me (a professional graphic designer) that they tweaked the numbers for the 2018 season. Look at the angles I've circled plus the gap in the bottom of the 5.

Thanks! I was going to do this, but not at my desk at work. Clearly, the number font has been manipulated over the years, but last year was quite the departure. Maybe something Nike cooked up on their own? By the looks of the five on the newest jersey, this is the closest they’ve been to the original (tm)font since the the original UCLA-striped jerseys were introduced in 2007(?)

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Curious to see what updates have been done with the rest of the uniforms. I still do not care for the two shades of gold on the cardinal jersey numbers.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup and CYCLNST8

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Curious to see what updates have been done with the rest of the uniforms. I still do not care for the two shades of gold on the cardinal jersey numbers.
I believe we will see an all white helmet, jersey, and pant combo that will have Black lettering, and black I State logos. It will be just like the all black combo last season just have the 2 colors reversed. Also a Yellow uniform matched with the regular red helmet, and red pants. Could see a black uniform with cardinal and gold numbers and trim to go along with black or red pants, and the black helmet with normal I State Logo like they wore in the Baylor game.

Reactions: huntt26

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
I believe we will see an all white helmet, jersey, and pant combo that will have Black lettering, and black I State logos. It will be just like the all black combo last season just have the 2 colors reversed. Also a Yellow uniform matched with the regular red helmet, and red pants. Could see a black uniform with cardinal and gold numbers and trim to go along with black or red pants, and the black helmet with normal I State Logo like they wore in the Baylor game.

Please no.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I’m with you. Wondering if there are changes to the pants. They were super plain last year.

I kind of like the two shaded numbers because it’s different. Anyone else do that?
We don’t take enough advantage of being the only “Cyclone” in the NCAA.

• Agree
Reactions: k123

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
I’m with you. Wondering if there are changes to the pants. They were super plain last year.

I kind of like the two shaded numbers because it’s different. Anyone else do that?
We don’t take enough advantage of being the only “Cyclone” in the NCAA.

I really want some type of a strip. Im with you, they are really plain

• Agree
Reactions: k123