New Uniforms Revealed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Is the yellow stripe at the bottom of the sleeves new too, or did I just miss that last year?

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016
Could just be another variant ontop of still having the black collars.

Doubt it's a "variant". Notice the number font has changed too. Bolder than last year's. Closer to the font on the Rhoads-era jerseys. Guessing the white & black will have the same change.

Wondering if they've rounded off the sharp edges on some of the other numbers (see the 2 on this year's FB poster.)

I'm disappointed the black collar is gone. When the leak appeared I was aghast, but after seeing them on the field, I think the collar added a nice little pop to the whole set.

Plus, it was a nice homage to Cy.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I love the small redesign to these jerseys. I liked the uniforms last year but if there was one thing I had to be picky about it was the black collar. The all red looked fine but when we went white, red, white or red, red, white, the black collar sort of threw off the look. This will make those combinations blend very well and the black collar won't stick out as much. I do hope that we keep the black collar uniforms in case we want to go with the black helmet, red jersey, and red pants at home.

I'm not sure if we'll get a yellow helmet or not, but I think a yellow jersey would be fine enough if we were to do anything. A white, yellow, white look would be sweet and if used for only one game, no one would complain too much about it.

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
Doubt it's a "variant". Notice the number font has changed too. Bolder than last year's. Closer to the font on the Rhoads-era jerseys. Guessing the white & black will have the same change.

Wondering if they've rounded off the sharp edges on some of the other numbers (see the 2 on this year's FB poster.)

I'm disappointed the black collar is gone. When the leak appeared I was aghast, but after seeing them on the field, I think the collar added a nice little pop to the whole set.

Plus, it was a nice homage to Cy.

I don't agree with ya on the font, looks the same to me.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Every jersey these days gets a new-look number font each season. It's not a huge change, but they are different. There will be a small tweak every year. The numbers look a little wider.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016

There's no question the font is different. Look at the pic of the 15 jersey next to a pic of Purdy from last year. Last year's number font is thinner in weight & gives at least the appearance that the 5 is slightly wider, but it's probably just b/c of the larger void within the number.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Pretty easy to see a difference in the end of the 5. The tab at the top end of the number angles in a bit compared to the square look of last year.

D_nOy9UXoAALEln.jpg
AR-181119820.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: k123

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
There's no question the font is different. Look at the pic of the 15 jersey next to a pic of Purdy from last year. Last year's number font is thinner in weight & gives at least the appearance that the 5 is slightly wider, but it's probably just b/c of the larger void within the number.
isu-01.png

I actually think they are slightly bolder and just slightly larger in size. Larger number is a trend Nike has been rolling with the last couple seasons.

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
isu-01.png

I actually think they are slightly bolder and just slightly larger in size. Larger number is a trend Nike has been rolling with the last couple seasons.

Yeah I agree with this more than anything... same font, just bold style.

Although the new 6s there have a double swirl instead of the left side being a straight line perpendicular to the edge.