[FB Recruiting] Willis Singleton Jr. Commits!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You don't HAVE to try to spin everything I say as a negative when it's clearly not. Just calm the F down dude.
No, I don’t “have” to. You just make it so easy.

And I don’t need to “take a chill pill”. I was having fun writing about this kid.

And again, we didn’t have a “big need”. We’ll have two guys back next season who should be fine at the nose as Willis redshirts. Assuming he does.

Just admit it. You were being melodramatic—as usual.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The devotion to Campbell and #TheProcess borders on cultish for some on this board. Say anything remotely negative, and get ready for those downvotes. But I know you're used to that at this point.
Had nothing do do with saying something negative. Had to do with CloneDude overreacting. Because that’s what CloneDude does, on both sides of the equation.

Just like Knownothing and Aclone both have their own distinctive shticks.

Oh wait. On of those is me... :)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
1ff4xs.gif

Is there ever enough credit for the shoulder shake?

• Friendly
Reactions: srjclone and 2020cy

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
We desperately need this one. Not the highest rated guy in the world, but some very good offers, and is at a position of huge need for us.

ya... this is an important position. no way for me to know who was prioritized by the staff, but if you just look at the offers and where they are ending up (tosu, ou, neb, unc, etc.) guys are committing and the list of guys with ISU offers at DT keeps getting shorter. I would love to get another interior guy this class... but definitely important to get at least one (in my opinion). Campbell and his staff are obviously doing an incredible job keeping the talent level higher than it's been... maybe ever? confident they will keep bringing in quality players. But d-line is tough for everyone... not named alabama or clemson.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Geeez.... take a chill pill buddy.

When I said we desperately needed this guy, it was in reference to the fact that we need a DT badly, and this is one of the best ones left on the board that we legitimately had a shot at. I didn't mean we were desperate as in scraping the bottom of the barrel. If I desperately want an ice cold beer, it's because I want one really bad, not necessarily that I'll take anything.

And yes I'm sorry, but we do need a DT pretty badly. Not only is it a position of need, but it's widely known that it's the toughest position to recruit in college football.

You don't HAVE to try to spin everything I say as a negative when it's clearly not. Just calm the F down dude.

Don’t worry it’s a known fact aclone is a moron

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
And no, we weren’t “desperate”, and this wasn’t a “position of huge need”. Need, yes, just because of where it fell in the cycle. “Desperate” would have been if we were scraping around for a grad transfer in May, after pulling oh-fers on every single HS and JC DT.

I know the staff can’t say this until after Cyning Day, but I get the impression that Willis is the guy who they identified as “The Guy” that they wanted at nose tackle in this class.

The same way they wanted Sam Rengert.

Willis may not be another Bryan Bresee or Tre Williams like Clemson landed, but I think he’s exactly what the program needs at this stage of it’s development. This point in The Process.

Think of it this way. What if we had whiffed on all the interior D-linemen we offered? We don't offer that many because there just aren't that many, so it was possible to whiff. Would you think we would be desperate then? If you say no to that, then you just don't know much. Yes, I think we desperately needed at least one interior D lineman in this class and hopefully, we grab another of equal or greater talent. We always need to keep the pipeline loaded and we didn't get one last year. Since we graduate two interior D-linemen this year, the need was great, no matter what you think.

Last edited:

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Nice highlights. SIngleton is quick off the snap and seems to often just run right around his blocker before the offensive lineman barely starts to move. Looks like a guy that Coach Rasheed can develop into another great D-Lineman!

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
How so? I don't believe Iowa offered him.
A little intel on this. Iowa had already filled their need at DT before they could get a look at Singleton. Singleton stock had blown up during the spring and he even visited Iowa too, but Iowa had gotten a commit in November and the second commit in February. Plus, we already know that Iowa doesn't throw around offers, especially if their need is filled.

Not saying they would have offered, but my guess is they would have if they didn't have commits at his visit.

Also, I have seen this video going around twitter, pretty cool!

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Oh she will be satisfied..........over and over and over again.

Would you like to know how? lol

welp. u just made the blocked list with argency and cneclone and casey1973 so mayb u should think about what u put out into this universe. i only get 15 min of computer time @ work after i finish cleaning the floor under the bird cages but before i feed the fish and now i have a tummy ache and little bit of a head issue. it might be a cold which is fine but i havent been able to sleep in my bed because the power is now shut off and branden has been over for 4 days straight.