[FB Recruiting] Willis Singleton Jr. Commits!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
We desperately need this one. Not the highest rated guy in the world, but some very good offers, and is at a position of huge need for us.
And no, we weren’t “desperate”, and this wasn’t a “position of huge need”. Need, yes, just because of where it fell in the cycle. “Desperate” would have been if we were scraping around for a grad transfer in May, after pulling oh-fers on every single HS and JC DT.

I know the staff can’t say this until after Cyning Day, but I get the impression that Willis is the guy who they identified as “The Guy” that they wanted at nose tackle in this class.

The same way they wanted Sam Rengert.

Willis may not be another Bryan Bresee or Tre Williams like Clemson landed, but I think he’s exactly what the program needs at this stage of it’s development. This point in The Process.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
1ff4xs.gif

Im a simple man, i see slutty redhead gif and i give 'winner medal'

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
And no, we weren’t “desperate”, and this wasn’t a “position of huge need”. Need, yes, just because of where it fell in the cycle. “Desperate” would have been if we were scraping around for a grad transfer in May, after pulling oh-fers on every single HS and JC DT.

I know the staff can’t say this until after Cyning Day, but I get the impression that Willis is the guy who they identified as “The Guy” that they wanted at nose tackle in this class.

The same way they wanted Sam Rengert.

Willis may not be another Bryan Bresee or Tre Williams like Clemson landed, but I think he’s exactly what the program needs at this stage of it’s development. This point in The Process.

Geeez.... take a chill pill buddy.

When I said we desperately needed this guy, it was in reference to the fact that we need a DT badly, and this is one of the best ones left on the board that we legitimately had a shot at. I didn't mean we were desperate as in scraping the bottom of the barrel. If I desperately want an ice cold beer, it's because I want one really bad, not necessarily that I'll take anything.

And yes I'm sorry, but we do need a DT pretty badly. Not only is it a position of need, but it's widely known that it's the toughest position to recruit in college football.

You don't HAVE to try to spin everything I say as a negative when it's clearly not. Just calm the F down dude.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Nice. Grabbing a d-lineman from Gurnee, IL makes another statement to the TOE.

Agree. It's great to see us pick up a guy who said no to the Big10, SEC, and Pac10.

Welcome to the Cyclone family, Willis.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUalways

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Fact is the recruiting gurus have written that there just isn’t much for Midwest DTs this year..slim pickings..and isu targeting him early and he was #1 on their wish list and they got him over Louisville, Mich state and IL (which his father played at btw)..

A really good get and much needed.

If we can snag 1 more interior DL in this class we will be gtg..

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Fact is the recruiting gurus have written that there just isn’t much for Midwest DTs this year..slim pickings..and isu targeting him early and he was #1 on their wish list and they got him over Louisville, Mich state and IL (which his father played at btw)..

A really good get and much needed.

If we can snag 1 more interior DL in this class we will be gtg..

Correct. We need interior DL recruits, and there aren't many at all to choose from. There usually never is at this position. It has always been the hardest position to recruit in college football year in and year out. That's why this was such a huge get.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Geeez.... take a chill pill buddy.

When I said we desperately needed this guy, it was in reference to the fact that we need a DT badly, and this is one of the best ones left on the board that we legitimately had a shot at. I didn't mean we were desperate as in scraping the bottom of the barrel. If I desperately want an ice cold beer, it's because I want one really bad, not necessarily that I'll take anything.

And yes I'm sorry, but we do need a DT pretty badly. Not only is it a position of need, but it's widely known that it's the toughest position to recruit in college football.

You don't HAVE to try to spin everything I say as a negative when it's clearly not. Just calm the F down dude.

The devotion to Campbell and #TheProcess borders on cultish for some on this board. Say anything remotely negative, and get ready for those downvotes. But I know you're used to that at this point.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The devotion to Campbell and #TheProcess borders on cultish for some on this board. Say anything remotely negative, and get ready for those downvotes. But I know you're used to that at this point.

Definitely used to it by now. Admittedly some of it is deserved, but some of it is just people trying to spin things I say in a negative and condescending way just because I try to look at things objectively sometimes which offends those who live only in a cardinal and gold kool aid world.

But back on topic..... Welcome aboard Willis!! You will not regret your decision. ISU is an awesome place! Best times of my life.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron