You're gonna love this

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Man, if ISU was able to start 8-0, I wonder what ranking we'd have at that point.

Depends on other teams in the mix, of course, But OU game comes (I think) Week 11. Last season, after Week 10, the only undefeated teams left were:

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
9 UCF

Regardless of ranking, starting 8-0 doesn't grow on trees anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I would be curious to see if in the prediction videos they made for all of those other teams they have those teams losing to ISU. More likely they pump up each team a little bit in that team's video.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
If we went 10-2 I think I'd rather our second loss be to Iowa (gross) than Texas.
Absolutely. As nice as bragging rights are, the difference between 8-1 and 7-2 in conference may be a title game birth. And getting to the title game is so much more meaningful nationally than ¡El Assico!

• Funny
Reactions: Gunnerclone

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
My stab at it:

UNI - W
Iowa - W
ULM - W
@ Baylor - L
TCU - W
@WV - W
@TT - W
OSU - W
@OU - L
Texas - L
Kansas - W
@KSU - W

9-3 (6-3)

Could also see us going 8-4 by losing to Iowa or dropping one of the road games we “should” win
I wouldn't be shocked with a loss at Tech. I think they'll be better than many think.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
There are these things called Big 12 refs. They will do everything in their power to squash our hopes and dreams

I tired, but the system would just not allow me to give you an "AGREE" and "FUNNY" on this.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I have the same except a loss @ TT for 8-4.

I don't see TT being that good. The QB is good, but injury prone, the defense has shown some improvement, but they tend to take a lot of chances, and Purdy and company are going to be good at exploiting this. The ISU defense is also going to be outstanding, especially against a pass first offense. (Not sure what the offense will look like under the new coaching staff, but doubt they will come out in the wing T.)

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
As long as our O Line can protect Brock against Epenesa and Nelson, I think we get them. Our defense should be equipped to handle Stanley without Hockenson or Fant. And I think Campbell hasn’t forgotten the 2017 game.

Nelson?

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
If we went 10-2 I think I'd rather our second loss be to Iowa (gross) than Texas.
That really IS a good question. "Would you rather beat Iowa or Texas?"

The answer is both, of course. But interesting. And great to be in this position!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
That really IS a good question. "Would you rather beat Iowa or Texas?"

The answer is both, of course. But interesting. And great to be in this position!

Yea and WTS, if we somehow went 11-1 I'd rather that loss come to Oklahoma or Texas but NOT Iowa. I don't want our only loss coming to them.

• Agree
Reactions: CNECloneFan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron